I am building something similar to Crunchbase ([url removed, login to view]), where I'm listing out some companies in a certain category and allowing them to post some basic information about themselves.
Unlike Crunchbase -- which is a sort of public wiki style -- I want to control the editing of listing information and ONLY allow the specific company to update their own information. This would require me allowing them to create themselves as a user, and have some basic credentials.
In other words, the workflow would look like:
- user gets invite to publish some info about their company at a specific URL
- they are prompted to define their username and password
- they log in
- they edit some basic fields and save the info
- the info is now shown publicly on the home page of the URL
- if the user at any point wishes to update their company info, they have to log in with the credentials
So really there are two components to this:
#1- the front end (ideally Wordpress) - it would have three basic components
- a sortable list of the companies that have responded to the survey
- a section that highlights "recently updated"
- some dialogue that explains how a company not on that list can get access and create an entry
#2- the back end (probably some sort of CMS, or Joomla or similar)
- handles the user credentialing described above
- allows user to edit info about their company as described above
- allows an admin user (me) to delete a record or override anything offensive or irrelevant
I'm looking for someone who is available now and to whom this is a relatively straightforward exercise. Note that for the front end, I would plan to ultimately make it prettier and design it on my own time. What I'm primarily interested in here is the system for how I invite the users to supply the data, and how they can manage that seamlessly.
I'm only going to respond to the top 2-3 bidders. Please keep your response brief, and let me know (1) if you are available right now (2) how long you think this would take you (3) what platform you would intend to use to handle the CMS part.