Symfony2.0 PHP Location based message and information posting website
I am looking for a website similar to Gumtree to be created, this website will not be a clone of Gumtree (it is just a similar website to explain the idea). I am NOT looking for a clone and I am not looking to violate any copyrights or break Freelancers tos.
The website needs to be created on a tight budget, although it comes with a guarantee of repeat business to add extra functionality.
The general idea of the website is public users will be able to post information to a particular city or area of the UK (similar to how Gumtree and Craigslist segment), although at first this will be locked to a specified city.
Once a user has made this post they can choose to sign up for a user account and add extra information to the website creating a "profile" that other members can view if they wish.
Main features of the website:
- Locked to any email address matching a certain pattern (for beta)
- Aimed at university students (locked to one to start with)
- Users can post and search information by area of city or post code ordered by distance
- Users can filter posts to specified filters
- Users can send each other private messages in a message system
- Users can create accounts and post information (this is not required to post - a email confirmation is used instead)
- Activity such as new personal messages is sent by email
- If a user doesn't have an account and tries to post that user gets a guest account (linked to their email address) that they can convert to a full account at a later date
- Admin area, where special users can manage accounts, posts etc (Using Symfony's auto generated admin as a base)
How it needs to be coded:
- In PHP 5.3+, with MySQL using Symfony Framework 2.0
- Conforming to the MVC framework and all conventions of Symfony
- Using YAML & Doctrine, preferably using Twig as well
- In a logical pattern that is easy to follow
- With a sensible relational database structure
- Well commented and of high quality
- In English (including function names etc…)
- More about the system than the frontend gui
How the work will need to be completed:
- At a reasonable pace
- Regular deployments to a production server so progress can be seen and quality reviewed
- With a high level of communication via email/online chat
- With Skype contact as required
I am looking for someone to work with and will consider anyone willing to meet these requirements, I am a fellow PHP freelancer looking for someone to work on a personal project. If I am happy with the work I have lots of other projects I am interested in getting started and would definitely work with you again. Ideally I would like to work with a single person (or small team) from the UK but I will consider all appropriate bids.
If you have any questions please get in contact, I will be more than happy to work with you.
As you are this far down, please point out that you have read the requirements in full as I won't be considering people that blanket post without reading the specification!
Full information will be provided in private messages and after the bid has been accepted.