My site is at corpuslab.com. Here are a couple of sites of competitors: [url removed, login to view] and http://www.usingenglish.com. I don’t want the same look, but the same level of professionalism. I need someone with a good eye for clean design and proportion. These are the changes I am looking for.
1. When the site loads, it is very jumpy and all the components are visible. I would like to make the site cleaner and to have it load quickly and smoothly. (This may not be solely a design issue and so can be omitted if necessary.)
2. I’d like a blue rather than orange theme
3. For the header, remove photos, make the login box smaller and put it under the CorpusLAB text, and reduce the height of the header a little. Make some sort of blue, simple design. I will add an image of the CorpusLAB textbook cover. The header should match the textbook to the extent that they are seen to be related. I want to have the possibility of adding an advertising banner on the right side of the header.
4. For the menu in the header. Move Student Registration to be close to Student and then simply have “Registration” rather than “Student Registration”. Similarly with Teacher and School.
5. I’d like to improve the navigation so that it is easier to navigate the site. Improve the look of the buttons used for navigation.
6. Replace the small box graphics used in the text boxes with something more elegant (but fast-loading). Something simple, not gimmicky.
7. Shrink the size of the headings on the text boxes – the dark grey band at the top of the box should be reduced in height a little.
8. You may have other suggestions for changes to the CSS.