**Simple** mass keywords position checker needed. Grab keywords from metatags of specific urls then check the site's position in Google for the keyword. Must support unlimited numbers of urls we enter or import.
The software MUST read the keywords from MULTIPLE web pages we enter or import (or cut and paste) into the software AND must automatically check the search engines for the position of each URL for each keyword 'grabbed' from the web page.
The software must read the keywords directly from the 'live' pages, not require manually entering the keywords by hand.
Here's more of what I'm looking for:
- import urls as well as accept manual entry of urls
- automatically visits selected urls and grabs keywords from the 'live' metatags
- automatically searches Google for web position for each keyword
- option to save all search results
- option to print search results for individual URLS
- option to export or save/as the search results to text so I can cut and paste the results into other programs
- supports proxy servers, to avoid my ip from getting banned
- netiquette features to avoid hammering the SE's, and risk getting banned
- ignore robot exclusion since the software will NOT spider sites, but instead will only look at the specific pages or urls entered into the software
- must provide source code so changes can be made in future in case any changes are needed. I'm not a programmer and have no idea what my needs will be a year from now. So this needs to be an open option.
- I own the rights to give away or do whatever I want with the program and source
Additional preferred optional features but am open to considering omitting or hearing other suggestions:
- limits searches to first 100 records for each keyword, to avoid getting banned
- option to limit a maximum of first 3 keywords to grab per url
- gets keyword positioning results for yahoo and msn for each url as well as google. Google is a MUST. The others are optional
- preferably windows xp look and feel, not the cheesy '3d' look of some recent programs that look horrible and confusing to use
- preferably windows desktop application, php/mysql as a last resort. But very heavily prefer windows desktop application`
- option to enter keywords by hand if none exist in the metatags