We DO NOT respond to generic messages/offers!
* plugin uses [url removed, login to view] to display Google maps via a shortcode
* geocoding unfortunately takes far too much time when there's more than 5-ish pins/locations so we need caching
* mentioned jQuery plugin has built-in caching but it's useless since it just saves the geocoding results in a JS variable.
* once that JS var gets filled, it needs to go to the server via AJAX so that all further requests for that map can pull geocoding data from the cache
* If we have a valid cache entry for some address that JS var should be echoed when shortcode is generated and then used by gmap3 - AJAX is used only when priming/saving cache
* lookup term (address) should be used as the cache key/index and WP transient to store cache
* everything should be put in one transient and given 5 days expiration time
* there are already some AJAX calls in the plugin so you don't have to invent hot water for anything
* changes to the JS file should be kept to a minimum so that we can easily upgrade to new versions, so only the GeocoderCache object should be changed
* code style and naming conventions have to follow what's already in the plugin
* code is properly documented and maintained
* we will give you names of the functions that need changing + show you where thing are + help you with any questions you have
* everything has to be coded according to WP coding standards
* contact us via PM and we'll send you the plugin so that you can see what your dealing with prior to bidding
* we will NOT pay for crappy, buggy, or code that does not follow instruction written above
Write "elephant" in you offer so that we know you read the project specs.
This is a WordPress plugin. Sorry if it wasn't obvious.
4 freelancers are bidding on average $202 for this job
elephant Hi! I read your project description. I can do caching for google geocoding api, I have experience in it. Please send me plugin and I will give you estimated time. Thank you.