I am reposting this bid as I have been recently travelling, the entries I saw werent all that satisfying - I need more information from those who apply specific to this project, not just cut and paste messages! Please show that you are reading the bid ...
I recently engaged with a freelancer on here who did an absolutely appalling job at coding. What was a simple upgrade of a colour scheme and some minor additional bits of coding (to an existing template!!), ended up with them coding their own template, sloppy CSS, a feature post slider that didnt even work and complete lack of communication and professionalism.
Obviously I have been quite burnt by this, and am upset as I had believed the project to be close to completion, until I looked closely and realised that it was completely incorrect, and that the lack of professional design elements was worrying. I had to ask up to five times for a simple link style to be updated, and for every change they made they would create a new problem. They would also update the style, but not do it across the board - pages, post, description headers - all were completely different styles. Half of what I asked for, it seems they did not understand or were unable to translate it correctly. Oh yes, they also quoted 4 days to do the project in - it took them a month and a half.
So, I need someone to come in, do a fantastic job and fix up their mistakes. I need the website done within five days, to spec.
1) Take the template that was originally provided and update it to thwe new colour scheme and style - there is also the template that they created which will give a good idea
2) align the CSS with the existing website that is currently online! (this seemed to be a hard job for the previous coders, who would leave colours not even in the colour scheme all over the site?)
3) ensure that the slider feature is working and operable - the slider required is of the type that you can put a tag onto the post and it will then be featured in the slider, akin to the original template that I had provided.
4) fix the css on the calendar app that they didn't even touch or fix!!!
5) One small piece of functionality added, no big deal - just a replication of the blog roll on the front page on a different page.
6) make sure that everything is to spec and that the job is done swiftly, professionally, and that all styles are aligned, and that there are not different styles for every page
I can go into more detail once I have awarded the contract.
As a majority of the work has been done, it should only be a small job.
I'm sorry, but having had major problems with it, I will only accept bids from those fluent in English.
Please note, this is for professional coders only - having worked in the industry as an analyst, I know what good design is and what sloppy coding is, and if I ask for a change to a colour style for say, bold text, its because it is not correct, not because it is some kind of new scope or that I have suddenly changed my mind!
13 freelancers are bidding on average $206 for this job
Hello, I have gone through your job description and interested to start the project. You are requested to check my PM for portfolio and client reviews to get an idea of my works & services. Thanks.