My Project is easy. In a nutshell, I want created a gift suggestion website. Something akin to “[url removed, login to view]” would be perfect.
The goal of this website is to generate steady revenue through advertising items.
I’m posting this simple project here because I don’t know anything about web programming and I don’t currently have time to learn (I tried myself with a dummies book but it didn’t quite work out).
Naturally I’d need a database infrastructure and necessary means to link the database to a pretty webpage. I have a sample Excel file that suggests a database layout and a webpage layout (index [url removed, login to view]). It shows my attempt to produce a category tree in the database.
The things I want on the webpage are simple. A simple categorization of products where any given product can reside under multiple categories, and a simple search function by keyword.
I need some sort of mechanism that imports/updates selective data regularly from the AWS datafeeds into our databases, probably according by ASIN or ISBN.
No purchasing will be done through this site, so we don't need secure systems for credit card processing. A membership service that would allow users to log in and save product pages would be nice.
I can provide details, but that’s basically it. I also require one more thing. I need some instructions on how to update the database and website so I can add more products.
We also have a sample database structure, index layout, and the categories defined.
Logo design and such are not necessary.
Details inclues mainly of the following:
we need 1. a index page using php, that will have probably textbased navigation bars showing subcategories on the top and left side, perhaps a search box for products. a middle section showing a few pictures of category links. A right space for banners just in case. A bottom with a few terms of service etc static pages that can be generic.
2. a database structure that supports items to be listed in multiple categories. One that supports multiple vendors, with different products, prices, and shipping policies from the vendors. Another products part that supports several fields, such as price, information, vendor id. We have developed an excel file that shows what we had in mind for the database, so unless it was a catastrophe, not much innovation is needed.
4. some categorys page, that will list sub categories
5. another category page, that will list products within the categories, with probably some filters such as price
6. a product details page that shows the picture of the product, perhaps a image gallery of the product, taken from a datafeed (so for the page, we only need to insert a script that is stored from the database, we will provide the scripts). Lots of similar features, such as product desription, comments taken from [url removed, login to view] datafeeds that are stored in the mentioned databases.
product page also needs the vendors that offer the product, the price, the shipping policy (which would probably be easy, using a variation of our database)
and somewhere on the top, we can post our own editors/site owners comments for each product. that can be stored in the product details page too.
7. A perhaps interface or page that allows us to add/edit product details, such as the link or locations of the pictures, product descriptions, product urls, to the database
9. a referral system that allows us to change the product link according to the link. For example, if we link to the main website [url removed, login to view] or something, it would allow us to change the product links accordingly (only a digit in the link or so for tracking IDS)
we don't really need any images or fancy backgrounds, and we will have our own logo. We dont' need any products to be added, just the infrastructure and interface. We also have the category tree designed.
What would be your expected pricing and delivery time? Nothings needs to be fancy.. We only need the infrastructure/interface, and expect it done at most within a week.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $1347 for this job