he entire website is run by Joomla with custom components and features, all based in PHP. There is a need to create our REST API, to be used for both iPhone and Android applications.
The API should receive Request, process it and send back a Response. The best approach would be that the request would specify what kind of response type it wants back. We have considered using JSON and XML as output data format. The default format should be JSON.
Brief 'Use Case' description (Just 5 use cases here):
1. LOGIN – API will receive user’s username and password. Should verify and return user_id and is_vip attribute.
2. GET user – this use case will require probably 5 methods:
1. getUserHeader – which will return those required attributes user_id, is_vip, name, city, age, occupation
2. getUserAttributes - which will return those optional attributes like profile image, body art, eye color, hair color etc.
3. getUserBlog – sends back users’ blog posts
4. getUserPictures – should send back URLs of picture thumbnail
and big picture
5. UPDATE user – API will receive user_id and attributes which were changed, API will update those in DB
6. CREATE user – API will receive new User based on attributes from request.
7. GET message – API will get user_id and based on that should return ALL messages related to this particular user
Please see attached document for further information.