We are looking at a PHP5, mySQL solution. We need well written, thoroughly documented, and secure code. You'll need experience with mySQL, PHP, CSS, and a bit of XML. Ajax a plus, but not essential.
For this project, please consider the following:
1. Write mySQL generating code to create a simple table with indexes as follows:
SKU - indexed
any other fields you feel are essential from a security or architecture standpoint...don't worry about additional data-level fields yet.
2. Populate the mySQL database with 10 sample records.
2. Build a simple CSS-based web page to view the book data. The page needs to be renderable with fidelity on all major browsers. Form-view only at this point. Add a test graphic to the header. Have the page include a header and footer. The Form view should include form fields for each of the table columns
3. Write a php function that accepts a REST-style query requesting a book by SKU, perform the query and return the data to the browser. Hook up that function to your web page so that the entered data can be submitted. Consider data validation tests that might need to be performed and implement them appropriately.
4. Improve the above function to incorporate security considerations, assuming a valid php session. Decide how you wish to support sessions and justify your choice in the documentation. Assume only authorized users could access the data...what would you need to change to support this?
5. Modify the function to also create an XML representation of the result data. Have that data follow a valid form like this :
<book xmlns="220.127.116.11/dummyNamespace.dtd" sku="theSku">
Return the xml on the response form.
[url removed, login to view], create a single HTML page to incorporate both the query and the response. Use AJAX skills for extra points. If you like a particular framework, feel free to use it provided you justify your choice. Your inline comments are very important in all files and must address assumptions, expectations etc.
We're going to select a few developers to build this; best one will get first crack at a much more substantial project.
In your bid response, please indicate your specific experience with php, xml, your opinion on your favorite php framework (if any), and a brief overview of how you like to handle security considerations. Please indicate your timezone, if reliable internet/email capability is available or problematic for you, and anything else you feel would help us select the right candidate for this project. Please indicate if you have a Skype account (not your account name or ID) and if you would be willing to get one so we can communicate in real time. Please indicate if you are available during U.S. P.S.T.
IMPORTANT: If you do not indicate/respond to the above specifically, we will not consider your bid.
IMPORTANT: You must include the words "I understand this is small demonstration of my skills in consideration of a larger project." (You can copy and paste that phrase if you like.) If you do not include this phrase we will not consider your bid.
Thank you again for your interest, and good luck.
9 freelancers are bidding on average $164 for this job
Hi, I have understand the project, we are having experience of more than 5.5 years in web development. We can do this job. Please view your pm. Thanks Regards