**Rebuild website** [**[url removed, login to view]**]
Rental website for self catering holiday accommodation on lake Annecy
Please not this is a small project for a website targeting a small niche holiday region in France, holding a maximum of 200 - 300 holiday homes with very small commercial return. Scalability is not the biggest issue but the site and database should be able to take a load of 1000 properties.
This is a test project for a much larger project later this year (probably August 2007), which will be for 5000 ??" 10000 holiday home units. We are looking for a developer with whom I can work long term on this, the next and similar future more complex web projects.
The website needs to be user friendly. The site needs to have property search functionality and a content managed system for administration of the site as well as the owners of the holiday homes so they can easily add/update their holiday listings.
We will provide examples of similar websites, database structure in a word document, draft templates for look and feel of the site etc.
**_Please note_: Deadline is important, but suggestions for revised deadline in return for lower price bid would be acceptable - ideally both!!****
**Period of free support after project completion would be seen advantageous
**_The required solution_:
**Website design, Content Management System, different levels of users (Admin, Owner and Customer) having different rights and permissions, managing calendar and property details from back end and email alerts are the major features.
A easy to use home page and design template for the new website. Basic structure:
Home page provides direct access to holiday homes via a detailed search and click through to full holiday home listing summary. Each holiday home detail can be reached from search result / holiday home summary listing. Each holiday home has a detailed page with all relevant information such as description, pictures, availability, prices and contact information.
The advanced search facility on the website must allow for the processing of hundreds of database entries per seconds.
The website has already undergone on page SEO and content key word optimisation for home and holiday home page, which need to be maintained but further on page optimisation and SE improvements welcome
* Website structure template driven for easily addition of new pages, content and links
* Search Engine friendly website design & structure, no frames
* Professional looking skin and containers for the website
* Clean professional look & feel ??" We like the current website (white background, blue brown and black) for its simplicity but it is too static
* Initial home page + 15 main sub pages (in line with current content) + detailed page for each holiday home (driven by database content)
* Website Structure with left hand and top and bottom navigation
* Plenty of space for right hand click through advertising
* Centre content space for both static and dynamic content (search results)
* Navigation in line with current website but with option to add more pages to navigation bars ??" template with minimum 25 navigation options on the left, 6 navigation option on the top and possibly unlimited navigation options on the bottom.
· Page template to display each individual holiday home details (populated from database ??" content management system)
* Content management system for holiday home accommodation i.e. holiday home detailed page will be populated from database
* Registration for users, letting them choose usernames/passwords
* Users to be able to add their own rental accommodation to database
* Ideally the holiday rental website that is database driven using PHP, MYSQL, and SMARTY templates
* Advertisers will have the ability to upload their information, photos, availability calendar etc into the database with individual secure log in, although the database will be shared, access to each individual account must be secure and not viewable by other advertisers.
* Advertisers will have the ability to view summery of all emails recieved
Development needs to support dynamic image uploading
* Accommodation search by date, location, type of property and number of people - possibly extension to different country
* Search populated by drop down menus ??" administrator must be able to add and delete options on drop down menu
* Search functionality ??" smart placed on home page for easy search
* Search results display in priority of latest calendar update ??"most up to date property will be listed at the top when the user search for listings.
* Drop down menu & calendar for easy date selection
* Ability to email individual owners from search summary page
* Ability to select & tick a range of _or_ all holiday homes from the holiday home summary page and send _one_ enquiry to all selected holiday homes
* No booking system required, enquiries will be made directly to renters.
* Design to be able to integrate advertisement and affiliate programs
* Proper links page for easy link integration
* Integrated notice board and bog
* The pages must look ok on 800x600 and upper resolutions
The html code must be clean, easy to modify
Use of common open source components where possible
* Design for multi language content, although this site will be for English user to start with
* Easy integration of click through for car rental, insurance and other affiliate providers
Ability to add further pages such as property sales section, featured properties etc.
Also required, standard website additions such as:
Sophisticated Links page
Google site map
1. Consultancy of best practice, best website design, best back-end technology including advice on how to improve overall project.
2. Minimum of three website designs for us to choose from.
Unlimited revisions / amendments until delivery
3. Fully working website, content management system, search functionality with 10 holiday homes in database in our host provider environment
4. All functionality fully tested by developer in developer and customer hosting environment on real live data for 10 holiday homes.
5. Customer (us) to add, maintain, modify 5 properties to additionally test content management system, search functionality
6. Customer (us) to add two additional new pages and links to test the website template
7. Proof that all development work in customer environment
8. Minimum of 3 months support after project completion and free amendments / fix of non performing features / functionality
**Please also highlight in your bid anything you could add to this project not asked for in the above specification i.e. any additional functionality, any unique design, any advanced database search techniques, advanced SEO, any unique experience on your side - anything which will make a difference to me and will help me accept your bid.**
Please also point out anything that requires clarification in the above specification!
**This is my first web development project through RAC, but not my first web / IT project - Please only serious bids and no time wasters as I will put a lot of time in this project - probably as much if not much more than you will
**_Please note_: I will have a minimum of two more projects this year. Anybody with a competitive bid and quality timely delivery on this project will be in pole position for the next one.**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The project needs to be uploadable to a public hosting space. We will not be able to run a dedicated server!
PHP, MYSQL, and template based approach (SMARTY or other templates) for easy self extension and maintenance of site. We don’t want to have to get in touch with a developer each time we want to add a new page, a new link or a new database entry
Use of common up to date open source components where ever possible
Technology / architecture needs to in line with current best of breed for this kind of project, easily maintainable and easily resourceable should there be future issues.
No niche program languages, no free style coding, no non-transparent programming and no _black magic_ please!