I'm looking for someone to graphically design a series of web site page templates for database-generated web sites. Initially, this project will be for ONE template. It will be used to replace [url removed, login to view] If this template looks super, then the winner will have the opportunity to bid privately on the remaining 10 to 20 templates.
A sample site with no real 'content' is available at: [url removed, login to view]
A sample XML Template is at: [url removed, login to view]
A sample CSS Layout is at: [url removed, login to view] -- it includes some of the features I'm looking for. Here are some other requirements:
1. Users should be able to select different text sizes in their browser and the changes should take effect. No font sizes smaller than 10pt. Some users have visual problems, so this is essential.
2. The layout should fill the screen to 100% with no external borders of any kind. It should resize as the user resizes their screen. Another sample at: [url removed, login to view] is pretty good too.
3. Color schemes should be highly readable. No wacky colors that aren't web-safe.
5. Designs should be clean, simple and professional looking. There are different formats and color schemes available for the Google AdSense ads, and Amazon Book ads -- your suggestions for these would be highly valued. Sample layouts for the Google ads are found here: <[url removed, login to view]>
This project requires someone with a variety of skills:
- Excellent graphics design and layout. The sites do need more images and graphics.
- Excellent knowledge of CSS and ability to use it to replace tables and work on both IE and other browsers.
- Ability to create the XSL file is excellent, but not essential. If a standard HTML file can be produced, along with all necessary images -- then I can convert it to XSL if necessary.
If you are a top-notch graphics designer and know your way around CSS -- I invite you to bid!
The difficult part of the project will be that I am looking for the templates to be designed using CSS instead of using tables as I now have. There are also a LOT of search engine optimization features on the page. These should not be lost. If you have questions about any of them, feel free to ask.
1. HTML file, CSS file and all images to make it work. File and images will be uploaded to a web site and must pass CSS Validator at: [url removed, login to view] and must have no major errors with HTML Validation at: [url removed, login to view]
2. Ideally, deliverable would include an XSL template file. Although not essential, it would weigh very favorably in regards to the additional work.
3. All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
IIS6 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft XML, XSL, SQL Server 2000, ASP.NET