Build a Website to Upload to
This project received 20 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £340 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
Here is the guidance of what I need to have done. Please read carefully:
I am look for a way for clients to use my website as a way to upload and download their macro enables Excel files to and from. This method has been chosen due to the size of the files they will be uploading. They will often be greater than 30MB, therefore too large to attach to Outlook.
I want to achieve the above in one of two ways:
1) To provide a way for clients to upload and download their files to my website
2) To build an application (cross platform) which functions in a similar way to dropbox – users will be able to drag and drop items into a folder, which will sync with a location on my website.
3) A combination of the above
I will initially make Excel file available to the user by uploading it to my website. My website page must have a series on buttons/input boxes as follows:
• Sender / uploader name
• Sender / uploaded e-mail address. No input will be accepted until an @ symbol is detected.
• Sender comments (have this as an expandable box)
• There will be a browse button that will access the user’s computer and will allow the user to uploaded however many files they select. Once the Excel files (this website shall only be allowed to upload and download Excel files) have been selected, another browse button shall appear for the user to repeat the process if they desire. No limit to the number or size of Excel files that can be uploaded.
• Under the browse button there will be a recipient e-mail address box for the user to enter the address that the file(s) are intended for. Once the e-mail address has been entered, another input box shall appear for the user to repeat the process if they desire in order to send to multiple people. No input will be accepted until an @ symbol is detected.
• Under the recipients email address box(s), there will be a rectangular ‘upload’ button.
• Once the ‘upload’ button is pressed, the Excel files are uploaded to the S.A.P Training website with the recipients email address attached.
• All email addresses will receive an email stating
o ‘Sender name’ has just sent you ‘x’ e-Portfolio(s). Download them to your computer by clicking the link below
If a certain email address has received two or more uploads with their e-mail address entered as a recipient, their e-mail will also contain a link to ‘download’ all files waiting from them, rather than just those uploaded by one person associated with that specific e-mail.
• When a user clicks the link, a windows will open for them to select a location.
• Once they press save, all Excel files need to open in the background (as each file has a user limit and opening them in the background will register an additional user) and shut right away.
• A progress bar must appear when downloading the files. It must account for the download, opening and closing of the Excel files.
To build a cross platform application to perform the same way as DropBox (working online and offline) regarding Excel files. It will sync when connected to the internet.
This application will be linked to the S.A.P website as a central location.
If possible, I would like to see if there is a way to apply a username to the program, so I can log into any of the accounts and drag and drop files (to prevent the user from having to upload them to the website)
Essentially merging options 1 and 2 – the file will be initially supplied by me via upload, email and download via a link to my website. The option two application can then be used if a username can be applied to it.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online