Hiring Now: Malware Script Developer
- Status Closed
- Budget $750 - $1500 USD
- Total Bids 29
We’re a small, USA-based startup company and we’re looking for an experienced application developer or team of developers to help us create a simple web script that searches a visitor’s website using minimal server resources, and detects any existing malware using publicly available and updated signature banks, then recommends pre-determined products or services depending on the outcome of the search.
This project only involves the development (design and coding) of a genuine anti-malware script and documentation for using and maintaining it. Although it’ll be tied to the website at large, it doesn’t involve any graphical design work.
The script should:
- Be minimalist in resource usage. It should run on the client side, if possible.
- Have well documented and commented code.
- Scan a given website using all publicly available virus/malware signatures.
- Show search results.
- Save a list of searched websites and results per website.
- If a virus/malware threat detected, return that result so a proper cleaning product can be offered.
- If a virus/malware thread isn’t detected, return that result so a protection plan can be offered.
- Be able to remove the detected malware when customer provides access to their files/web control panel.
All removed and altered files should be tracked, archived and reported to the customer.
A developer who is open and communicative and willing to meet deadlines is preferable. We’re looking for someone who we can have a long-term business relationship with. We might also consider the idea of including the developer in our company permanently as a remote employee/consultant.
Estimated budget for the project $500-$1000, depending on the final feature set of the script and its capabilities.
Estimated time frame to completion is 30-60 days.
** No time wasters please. **
You should be able to start immediately.
Please let us know what you can do for us and show us some examples of your related work and we can talk details. Thank you for your time!Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online