I have several IP webcams. I would like to retrieve and store images from each camera, and create high definition timelapse vision from each camera. I also need an interface (GUI) built so that I can easily add new cameras to the system and configure the image retrieval parameters.
There are three stages to this project:
1. write code to periodically retrieve images from webcam
2. store each image in Amazon S3 (or similar) with logical naming convention, such as: <camera-name>/<year>/<month>/<day>/<camera-name>-<hour><minutes><second>.jpg (will require auth into Amazon Web Services). Obviously, these folders will change with each day/month/year etc.
3. create alert (email) if image is not available
4. This code/script would ideally reside on a small/tiny EC2 instance
1. Build web-based GUI to 'create' cameras, with the following parameters:
a. camera name
b. URL of camera image
c. user/pass to access camera
d. image download frequency (every 10s, 20s, 30s, 60s, 120s, 300s, etc)
2. This will require the creation of a small webpage to house the GUI, which can also be on the same EC2 instance
3. The webpage will need to be password protected.
4. The GUI should have additional functionality for each camera:
"start" (begin retrieving/storing images from this camera)
"pause" (pause retrieving/storing images from this camera)
"set time" (set time and days for when images should be retrieved/stored, i.e. selectable times such as 7:00am start, 5:00pm stop, Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri etc, or "all days" etc)
2. Write code to create mp4 video from selected time frame. i.e. the user selects the time frame required (date, start time, stop time) and then "create video" and it automatically creates a downloadable mp4 video in high resolution which can be played on an external device.
We are using Axis cameras, so the URL to retrieve images will be along the lines of [url removed, login to view]:xxxx/axis-cgi/jpg/[url removed, login to view] or similar (this will be part of the GUI setup config section anyway).
21 freelancers are bidding on average $652 for this job
Rich experience in developing application software which involves getting data from website and rearrange them. Also well versed with timer implementation and periodic scheduling of job.