We are looking for a mobile software architect who is willing to set up a proof of concept of how our existing web app (built using PHP, HTML5, Bootstrap, jQuery) could be wrapped (hybridized?) into an iOS / Android application.
The intention is not to have, at least for this first project, an app that is ready to submit to the app store, but to do a thorough evaluation of what we would need to do to make that a reality, as well as setting up whatever platforms, services, assets, build environments, etc we need to make it possible.
You will need to speak fluent English and be willing to spend several hours explaining the your process and pros/cons of each platform you explored to the owners of the company.
After chatting with a few of you creating proposals, let me clarify deliverables for this cut:
1. Modify the source code of our web application to function as a hybrid app. (Requires intermediate PHP/HTML5/jQuery/Bootstrap development skills)
2. Deliver a system (preferably using Adobe PhoneGap Build account we will provide for you) whereby we can do a Cordova build that will output apps for both iOS and Android.
3. Integrate a PhoneGap/Cordova push notifications plugin into our application code base, including any modifications for registering a device id to a userid in our application so we can personalize notifications sent to users.
4. Provide a PHP class to call from within our app to send notifications to app users.
5. Leave proper instructions/documentation on how to build/rebuild the apps as necessary.