Seeking a SENIOR SERVER PROGRAMMER for a AAA online PC and console game similar to DOOM • PUBG • OVERWATCH • FORTNITE • DOTA 2
• You have a lead part in the game design process working with designers & other programmers
• Turn game designs into technical specifications and implementing resulting code
• Work with other programming teams to interface with all project subsystems, including gameplay, UI, and physics
• Contribute to technical design documents and knowledge base
• Test and refine Online-connected features during the development process
• Can be based remotely, or based in EU or USA
• At least seven years C++ and/or C# coding experience
• Knowledge of notable game engines and technologies, including but not limited to Unreal Engine 4, CryEngine, Amazon's Lumberyard
• Confident with console programming API’s to compliance requirements
• Strong in network sockets and reliable/unreliable protocols
• Strong with P2P and client/server packet handling and latency/packet-loss mitigation
• Experience in programming standard multiplayer features (matchmaking, leaderboards, friends)
• Strong debugging skills
• The confidence to complete work to a high standard and on time
• Familiarity with client/server programming concepts
• Java server programming, server scalability and deployment
• PHP programming, HTML / CSS
• Databases (primarily MySQL)
• Linux and cygwin scripting
• Anti-cheat systems
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills
• Excellent communication and team skills; Ability to communicate positively with both the artists, designers and the non-technical stakeholders (e.g. producers, investors).
• Self-motivated & self starter
• Previous experience with shipping a PC and console AAA style game.
• Previous experience with implementing features for multiplayer games.
• Previous experience in working in a multiplayer and/or networked environments.
• Ability to establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
• Ability to define and understand elements of game design documents and technical design documents.
So we know you have read this posting in its entirety, please
1) Begin your response with "Dear Lewis at Dreamstone Studio; and
2) provide us with links to your games that you have coded (and explain the size of teams you worked with)
23 freelancers are bidding on average $54139 for this job
Hello there, We are growing web, mobile and digital marketing company in India. We have completed more than 250+ projects till now with proven strategies. Can we get more details here? Thanks.