We have a API connection with SOAP-API and ELASTIC Search.
It is halfway working but not 100% and correct.
We have a developer who makes the layout etc for wordpress that you need to work together with.
I will attach documents and even a video for better explenation.
(See this video; [login to view URL])
We started to build a wordpress-plugin for a booking system with a developer but they could not finish as they lack the knowledge.
Now we need someone to complete it.
There is a manual for the API access and we know that other people have made similar projects with the same booking engine API connections for Umbraco and custom made CMS’s.
At the moment we are using another booking-system and we want the new user-interface(wordpress) to look exactly the same – and for this we have Wordpress developer that will work next to you, and arrange styling etc for wordpress. They have done the most, but their work is not the API and CASHING
Just to make clear, we do not know much of API and other technical aspects, so you need to understand it will come things on the way.
Our test server where the not completed API is up and running is on:
[login to view URL]
This is so you can see whats working and not working.
Our problems(it might be more that we have forgot to mention please keep that in mind)
- Caching (it need to cach!)
- Prices and Discount prices and its correct for amount of ppl searched for
- That hotels is only showed on correct travel date
- That the book button takes the customer to external address with the correct parameters in the url for the booking
(example: [login to view URL] thou this is giving wrong as we send the wrong parameters)
- All images is downloaded from hotels
To make the plugin for wordpress for search form its needed to:
- create a new plugin with search form and admin style(shapes), colors, and fonts (all colors should be able to set in the plugin so we can use it on different sites with different color codes, and this goes for font styles to) (most done)
- se admin settings in frontend (different style variants - html + CSS, position fixed, mobile resolutions, browsers, etc) ) (most done)
- implement API calls, login and get data (images etc to be cashed on wordpress!)
- optimization, create a cache system or with expire time for example 10 minutes for not calling the API each time the page is refreshed.
- search dropdown behavior, options from api, example for calendar show only available dates based on selected options
- prepare the call for search results page after the form is submitted
- Manually update hotels, resorts, departure airport, dates, prices etc with buttons.(from backoffice)
- Hide hotels, resorts, departure airport for the frontoffice(user experience) from the backoffice with buttons.
- Make it possible to upload video of hotel to wordpress that will stay all the time. (most done)
- We will attach images how we have the system working in (VMCMS) WE CAN NOT ASK VMCMS for help as we do not want them to know that we will change CMS to Wordpress.
To make the listing page:
- reuse styles from webbooking engine
- listing page - call to Tourpaq api, styles, responsive design
- hotel page - call to tourpaq api, styles, responsive design
- booking url contraction
- photo gallery of hotel
*Timeframe is 14 days - from award.
*Any other info can be given upon request.
*We can make full milestone immediately but nothing is released until project is 100% done, and tested.