Our company is printing books. To make it easier for my customers to publish their books I plan to add a designer-app for custom book cover design on my website ([url removed, login to view]). This tool should be based entirely on HTML (no flash) and can additional use Perl, Python, PHP or other script languages. The created file should be a printable PDF.
Alternativly: Cover designer als Windows programme if it offers more user friendlyness and is cheaper.
All webform data has to be checked against possible hacker attack. This includes cookie data (if used). In case someone tries to hack the system by trying several possible IDs (see 2.), his IP should be banned after a few tries for a certain time period. Please be advised that I'm a programmer myself and won't accept sloppy security design.
2. IDENTIFICATION (ID)
No login necessary. User can start right away. When user first visits cover designer he gets assigned an ID. He also has to provide his e-mail-adress at the beginning.
When finished with his design, the user clicks "OK" which will sent a link with included ID to his e-mail-adress. With this link the user can revisit his design and continue to work on his cover design. The ID shall contain random letters and numbers (>10 characters) which can not be guessed by potential hackers.
3. CREATION PROCESS
User first chooses his intended book form factor. This could be:
- A5 (hight 148 x width 210mm)
- 170 x 220 mm
- 170 x 240 mm
- 200 x 285 mm
- user chosen size (* optional)
Please keep in mind that in Germany we are using the metric system.
Next he has to chose the paper type 100g or 130g and the number of book pages (both have influence on the spine width later on). Number of pages and paper type must be changable at a later time by user.
Book cover contains following elements:
a) Front page
c) Back page
- In general the designer is visual, which means the user always sees immediately the result. He can resize, move, etc. with his mouse. To change/edit an element he just has to click on it.
- The front page and back page can each contain one background picture (covering the whole page).
- Or: The background picture can stretch from the front page across the spine and the back page.
- Or: The user choses a colour from a colour picker as background colour for front page, spine and back page.
- The user can add, then place, resize and crop his own pictures on front and back page.
- The user can add text in different fonts (f.e. selection of 5 fonts), styles (normal, bold, italic) and sizes to the cover.
- Text can be centered, justified, right or left positioned
- The user can place a text on the spine (if the spine size, which depends on the number of book pages is bigger than 7 mm).
- provide cover template which the user just has to fill out (* optional)
- back, spine and front of cover are visible simultanously during design process (*optional).
4. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Possibility for user to upload additional files (indicator during upload necessary). Take in account that book files are often bigger than 50 MB!
- Possibility to send messages with a web form to us (will be handled as e-mails).
5. COVER FILE PROCESSING
- After clicking "OK" by user, the book cover is created as printable PDF file (600 dpi).
- Books a cut during production on 3 sides, which means the cover background must be about 5 mm bigger. Should be taken care of during design process (maybe showing a 5 mm border which can't be edited by the user)
- Warning message if user added picture(s) with low resolution (*optional)
6 freelancers are bidding on average €1277 for this job
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks