I want build an auto insurance quote engine. I have already built one using a canned solution which works fine but is not refined enough. You can see my quoting engine here: [url removed, login to view] (In order to test it, you must use a California, USA address). I want to refine this exact same concept and make it look more like this website [url removed, login to view]
I think there are a couple different ways to do this and I am open to discussing the pros & cons of
each. I am also open to working with a developer on an hourly or fixed price basis.
First method - Add a form in front of the existing quote engine that will capture customer details from a lexisnexis database lookup, and then pass the variables to the quote engine via URL string. By doing this we will be able to reduce the number of questions required to get an accurate quote.
Second method - Start from scratch. This would require connecting to several different databases including lexisnexis, motor vehicle report (MVR), and each different insurance carrier we will work with.
This is probably the better, cleaner solution, but may be difficult to get access to certain insurance carrier databases.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in working on, feel free to contact me for more details and additional information. Thank you!
I tried to add more details below, in order to help create more accurate quotes. Please note, this is NOT an EXACT clone of lemonade.com because the auto-insurance industry requires more information to be gathered, and this site will require more database lookups to gather necessary information about driving history, etc...
• Build a website that will provide accurate, real-time Auto Insurance quotes from multiple auto insurance carriers
• Web site projects a consolidated and consistent image of sleek, fun, progressive, tech-savy insurance quote aggregator.
• Provide the same functionality as this website https://16703b91-3136-4582-845a-30b5365b4b91.quotes.iwantinsurance.com/welcome.aspx. At the same time, simplify the form/interface by using additional database lookups, so the website is more fast and sleek like this website https://lemonade.com.
• Allow the customer to choose from provided insurance quotes and pay for the policy online
• Once insurance is selected and paid for, email customer with printable insurance card with future-forward policy start date (today+1)
• Provide an Admin interface (backend) with ability to adjust pre-filled form default values, view & print generated quotes, etc.. (see images at bottom)
• Provide notification of generated quote to Admin
• Integrate with “Applied Epic” management system (https://www1.appliedsystems.com/en-us/solutions/managing-your-agency/agency-management-systems/applied-epic/integration/)
• Easy, fast, sleek navigation & Fun, progressive interface
• Ask customer as few questions as possible while still acquiring all necessary data to provide accurate auto quote. Utilizes database lookups or pre-selected options to auto-populate most necessary fields
• Fast accurate auto insurance quotes
• Streamline the online auto insurance quoting process
Here is a better example of a working auto insurance quoting engine:
It is the exact same software I used to build mine. It is a better example though because it shows more of the form fields. I pre-populated and hid the form fields in my version located at:
25 freelancers are bidding on average $3008 for this job
Hello! We'll be glad to design and build a website for you. We are an experienced, supportive and creative team of web-developers. Can we have a chat to discuss the details? Manager Ivanna
Hello There, I found your post regarding to create a website similar to [login to view URL], We can help you to create your website, Let's discuss more over in chat box. Waiting for your reply.