We are a relatively small but growing cargo-transporting company, delivering building materials for our costumers to their respective costumers through our fleet of trucks.
We would like a website which consists of a frontend system through which our costumers will be able to book transportations and a backend system through which we will be able to administer our costumers and their bookings.
You can read below further information about the parts that the website should consist of and the process of booking:
- Our costumer should have the ability when visiting our website to click on a link and be forwarded to the registration/account creation page where he/she could create an account with his personal and company details.
- Our costumer should have the ability to click on a link and be forwarded to the login page (our costumer’s account is created either by us or by our costumer himself) in order to login into his account
- Our costumer should have the ability to click on a "Make a booking" link in order to visit the booking-page
- On the booking page, our costumer enters the name, address and phone number of his company (which initially should be autofilled from his company profile)
- Next, our costumer enters the name, address and phone number of the company that he wishes to send his goods to (the receiver), as well as the date/time to be delivered, along with the weight, dimensions, etc. and clicks "Next".
- At the following page, our costumer should be presented with a summary of the booked transportation (all information that he has filled in) along with the total cost of the transportation (calculation based on a unique price-variable per kilometer which we should be able to set for each of our costumer) and the ability to ”Submit” the booking or ”Edit” it in order to correct any mistakes.
- As soon as our costumer sends us the booking, a confirmation of the booking is sent to his email and a separate email to us.
- Our costumer should be able to view in his account a history of his bookings, including filters for sorting the list (ascending/descending date/company/etc.).
- We should be visiting a specific address to login into the admin-page.
- When logged in, we should be presented with a quick overview/statistics of the orders.
- We should be able to create, view and edit our customers’ accounts and their company details.
- We should have a page where we can view, accept or decline new user-registrations.
- When viewing a customer’s account, we should be able to set a unique price for each costumer that we wish to charge him per kilometer for any upcoming booked transportations (total cost of each transportation is based on unique price of each customer x (times) the total kilometers of each transportation).
- When viewing a customer’s account, we should also be able to view a history of his own orders.
* Bonus-features that we would appreciate (not required):
- Ability to create a list with all of our trucks/drivers
- Assign each booked transportation to a specific driver
- Each driver should be able to view all of his assigned transportations for the day/week/month
- Clean and structured coding for the ease of expandability of the website in the future (no dependabilities) and for the ease for a webdesigner to tweak the code in order to make changes to the looks/forms of the website.
- The website could be created in English, but we should have the ability to edit the code/language file in order to translate it to local language (hence, clean and structured coding is required).
- Responsive frontend/backend, equally accessible through mobile devices and PCs (preferably use of Bootstrap).
- Usage of open source/free technologies (ex. PHP/MySQL//Wordpress/Joomla/etc.).
- The total kilometers for the calculation each transportation should be based on Google Maps.
We would gladly discuss any recommendations or suggestions you have towards our requirements!
147 freelancers are bidding on average €649 for this job
I have gone through the project description and I am interested to work for your project to design and develop your site. I would like to discuss and ready to start the work right away. Thanks
hello i have read all the points for front end and backend .i got to know the flow of trhe [url removed, login to view] feature [url removed, login to view] calculation method that will be involved. But please share any reference for design . previou More