On the second page I have added a picture with a main idea of the front page. Just to give a first impression.
Since this is a project where design and coding is involved. I’ll make a distinction.
- I definitely prefer a Web 2.0 look – but user-friendliness is more important than design – so applied usability is a must.
- Peten is named after a rainforest and an ancient capital of the Maya’s, I’d like this worked out in the theme of the website.
- Bright colors are preferred on a white background.
- Working with CSS as much as possible, to make the site load quicker. Of course it’s cleaner as well.
- Sites like [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] are an inspiration to this site. (This as an help with designing the website – especially [url removed, login to view] is likeable with all it’s bright colors)
- Each store can add themselves to Peten.
- They can add their own products with the help of a simple standard (for example a text file with tabs)
- For me it has to be easy to enter data (store and product), I collected, into the website.
- Since we work with a Google Map to locate the stores, the registration process should also be linked to this ( we can discuss the easiest way to do this with the current map-coder )
- Each store will get their own subfolder. For example: [url removed, login to view] Here all the products of the store are shown in a standard layout which can be slightly modified by the store. For example the colors and the brand.
- Users can find all this data easily with the help of a search-bar. Related info should also be shown on the search-result page.
- Popular searches should be saved for other users to see.
- Related stores and products should be shown to the user on the frontpage. Let’s say a user searches supermarkets, other supermarkets should be shown on the frontpage whenever the user returns to that page. When he searches for a new category, this new one will he shown on top. I think three remembered categories are sufficient. If the fourth category is visited the first one should disappear.
- All code has to be as secure as possible. This is intended as a platform for stores so reliability has to be assured.
- Optional: the searched values should be saved on the website as userpreferences.