I will only consider proposals that show me that you have read this description. Please, make sure you understand this task and tell me how you will approach this (within views, own module, etc.). In addition, please tell me what else you would need from my end to accomplish this project (access to sandbox page, additional information, etc.).
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
I am running a website that is built on Drupal 7. The main page on my website is a view that has several exposed filter. Let me explain this view first:
• The view displays all nodes of content type A.
• I have around 20 exposed filters that are checkboxes and jquery sliders
• I use the module Better Exposed Filters to make the filters more user friendly
• I use the module MEFIBS to display the filters in different blocks
• For the jquery sliders (in between) I load the current min and max values via database query in the [login to view URL] file
User role U1 can create nodes of content type A. Content type A contains around 30 fields. Two of them are Field Collections F1 and F2.
Now, I’ve made the following changes:
• I created two other content types B and C
• Content type B contains Field Collection F1; content type C contains Field Collection F2.
• I created a new user role that can create nodes of type B and C
• Both, content types B and C contain an entity reference field to reference to a node of content type A
This means all three content types contain the field collections F1 and F2. Some of the exposed filters in the view are based on F1 and F2 field collection fields.
This is basically the status quo.
What I need:
I need to adjust the view that I’ve described above with the following requirements:
• The view should still only display nodes of content type A
• If a node of type A is referenced by a node of type B or C, the field values of B and C should be considered when a user filters the view.
Field ‘price’ is a field within field Collection F1.
Node 1 of type A contains value for field price = 3000 EUR
Node 1 of type B contains value for field price = 1000 EUR and references to Node 1 of type A (via entity reference field)
This works: If the exposed filter range is set between 0 EUR and 3000 EUR, node 1 of type A is displayed.
That’s not working: If the exposed filter range is set between 0 EUR to 1500 EUR, node 1 of type A should also be displayed because the referencing node 1 of type B has the value 1000 EUR
This is one an example to demonstrate what I mean. Field Collection F1 and F2 have about 8 fields each that are used as exposed filter in the view.
I have tried to accomplish this task by using the views relationships but I was not able to get it done correct as I am no professional coder. I assume that an experienced coder can do this easily.
18 freelancers are bidding on average €196 for this job
For for requirements are unable with Views modules because it will generate a complex SQL statement. Therefore, we only need to create a custom module then using Drupal hook view api to change its SQL statement.
Dear Sir! I make Drupal 7 view with exposed filters and relationships ++ This is my job. I'm ready to begin now. Pm for me. Please check my reviews and profile https://www.freelancer.com/u/ProfSoftStudio.html
Hello, Understood your requirements for Drupal 7. we can do this. Will provide you the best results. Please discuss the project on chat. Thanks, TAG Management