I have recently updated our Wordpress site to Wordpress 5.0.2.
My theme is a Child Theme and is very customized and I have a WhosWho parent theme.
I also use Ad Inserter plugin by Igor Funa to put Adsense throughout my website. It does NOT seem to work properly with the update, so I added a Classic Editor Plugin, which is helping.
Here are the problems that were created when I updated to Wordpress 5.0.2:
1. When I make a new post, the homepage is not displaying my excerpts correctly for the OLD, existing posts. The excerpts turn into full length articles and have weird characters where titles are supposed to be.
2. My ads do not work properly inside the post OR along the right side of my website using the Ad Inserter plugin, UNLESS I have the Classic Editor plugin installed.
3. I want the WhosWho theme up to date. I think the last time I attempted to update the parent theme, it broke the website, so I think there may need to be some work on the Child Theme????
I am looking for someone who can look at our Wordpress install, the parent theme, and my child theme and fix these issues. It should be fairly simple and straight forward for the right developer or programmer.
Here is what needs to happen:
1. The first thing I need fixed is to get the homepage excerpts working correctly when a new post is made.
2. The second thing I need is a method to continue using the Ad Inserter plugin WITHOUT the Classic Editor plugin (since, one day this will no longer be supported), so that we can use the Gutenberg editing experience and have our posts and website showing the ads in the appropriate places and have the correct formatting on the website.
The website is [login to view URL] if you want to look at it.
We send traffic to this website daily, so there cannot be any down time. In your job request, be sure to clearly state that you understand we cannot have down time on the site.
36 freelancers are bidding on average $140 for this job
Hello Sir, I read job discription and I am ready for start work now and complete soon, I am expert in all code, please hire me and share work [login to view URL]