I need a web-based secure role-based system for collecting and processing Extenuating Circumstances (EC) claims by students in a large university. Extenuating circumstances means circumstances, beyond the student's control, due to which a student could not submit an assessment.
There are 4 roles for the system
• Students can submit one or more EC claims for any item of assessment.
• Students must also upload images or PDFs to provide supporting evidence.
• There are two closure dates. One is the closure date for new claims and the other is the final closure date. New EC claims cannot be submitted after the closure date for new claims. But supporting evidences can be submitted till the final closure date.
• The university has different faculties (departments). Each faculty has an EC coordinator.
• Once a claim is submitted the system emails a notification to the Faculty’s EC Coordinator, who must process it within 14 days.
• Once a claim is processed the student receives an email containing the decision.
• An EC Coordinator can only access claims by students in their Faculty.
• The University has a EC Manager, who can view all the claims but cannot process any.
• An administrator maintains any system data, e.g. closure dates for each academic year; items of assessment and their due dates; students and passwords
• Students need to be able to view their own claims and any decisions.
• Statistical analysis (e.g. number of claims per Faculty) needs to be available.
• The interface must be suitable for all devices (eg mobile phones, tablets, desktops).
Note: This is an urgent requirement. This is just a simple project work for a student. So need not make it too detailed. Even a simple website will do.
Use php and MySQL. If it can be completed within a month, then very good.