I'm looking for a MySQL and PHP expert to improve a stored procedure running on my database. This stored procedure checks two values in a table, and if one value is less than another value, it increases the lesser value every second using a sleep statement until it equals the greater value, then quits.
The scripts and functionality do work currently, however there is a problem: in some scenarios too many threads are created when the stored procedure runs, and they are not killed at the end of the stored procedure.
Also, there are some scenarios where the stored procedure simply doesn't run due to an "incrementing" column I have in the database, which it checks first before running. Unfortunately if incrementing == true, but the two values are not the same, the stored procedure never runs.
I have some requirements for this project. Please read them carefully and ensure you only bid if you can comply with the following:
- I need this solution to work on a shared host, not a VPS or my own server
- You must use your own environment to develop and test your code - I cannot give you any access to my servers
- I would prefer that the solution uses a stored procedure and works similarly to the logic already defined
- The solution MUST close all database connections when the stored procedure terminates
- The solution MUST close all PHP threads/processes associated with the scripts
- The solution MUST close all MySQL threads/processes on completion
- The logic must ensure no conflicts are possible (e.g. the incrementing script should never run twice)
- The solution must have graceful error handling and fall-back
Good luck, and happy bidding!
27 freelancers are bidding on average $180 for this job
We have done so many data base administration projects Relevant Skills and Experience Database Administration, Database Development, Database Programming, MySQL, PHP Proposed Milestones $155 AUD - on chat