An online on-demand tutoring platform for Math & Science. Tutors and students will use a virtual whiteboard within the site that will allow them to write and work together while using (if needed) chat, audio and video feature while they use the whiteboard.
A search bar on the front page that the user may utilize for Subject search. Subject typed in will take the user to the tutor profile list (these tutors are the ones that can specifically help with the subject typed in the search bar). The selected tutor profile list (according to subject) sorted by star rating (highest to lowest) and online first, offline second.
1) Tutors will have profiles (these along with their general account will be set up by us manually)
-general tutor profile list of tutors (a separate page) sorted according to star rating (highest to lowest), and also online tutors first, offline tutors second.
2) Students will message the tutors using profiles after creating their free account
3) Messaging the tutor will open a chat conversation box between student and tutor
4) Student can request an immediate lesson (on-demand) with the tutor they send a message to using chat box
5) Tutor can confirm the lesson - will be taken to virtual whiteboard
6) Student can request an immediate lesson only if they have prepaid minutes in their account
7) Students can purchase 60 minutes of tutoring time initially after creating account
8) The whiteboard will have a timer deducting minutes from the student account
9) The timer will work along with PayPal INTEGRATION system to prompt payment whenever student minutes are running low (reminder pops up when student has 5 minutes left)
10) After the initial 60 minutes expire, students can purchase pay-as-you-go or weekly or monthly minutes. Monthly and weekly minutes expire exactly 1 week or 1 month after purchase, pay-as-you-go minutes expire 1 year after purchase.
11) Students can schedule future lessons with each tutor only after they had an on-demand lesson with that tutor. Scheduling lessons is possible only if there is no conflict with other scheduled lessons for the tutor or the student. No scheduling of future lessons is possible if the student has low number of minutes (same as in on-demand situation). All scheduled lessons initiated by students must be confirmed by the tutor.
12) Tutors can schedule future lessons as well once they had an on-demand lesson with a student. Again, scheduled lessons can be requested if the student has enough minutes or if there is no conflict with other lessons scheduled. All scheduled lessons initiated by tutors must be confirmed by the student.
13) Prior to each scheduled lesson time, tutors and students will receive notifications by e-mail (that they have the lesson scheduled), also notification by e-mail 24 hours before the time of the lesson, and notification by e-mail 1 hour before the scheduled lesson time.
14) Scheduled lessons feature should take note of time zones. So, if a student is in Los Angeles and schedules a lesson at 6pm their time, and tutor is in NYC - the tutor will have their lesson scheduled at 9pm.
15) If tutors or students are online - they can see live notification 10 minutes before scheduled lesson time - a reminder with a link to the whiteboard where the lesson will be happening, and with clock going backwards in time until the scheduled lesson time.
16) If the tutor is waiting and the student is late more than 15 minutes after the scheduled lesson time, lesson automatically ends and tutors get paid for the entire scheduled lesson time. Example: the scheduled lesson is a 2-hour lesson at 5pm. The tutor goes to the whiteboard using the link in their account notification, the whiteboard has a clock going backwards starting from 15:00 (minutes counting backwards) when the clock shows 0:00 (the student is more than 15 minutes late) - the lesson ends automatically and the tutor get paid for the entire 2 hours of their time.
There are many more whiteboard features to be discussed.
17) All student and tutor accounts should have past lessons stored in their account - screen recording file or screenshot file of the whiteboard (including all its multiple tabs, if applicable) at the time each lesson ends. Tutor account shows monies earned (tutor get different rate per minute depending on subject), student name, date time subject. Student account shows date time subject tutor name.
18) Admin account to be discussed in detail. Admin account should include all tutor and student info, past lessons, recordings (audio, video, screen recording), student-tutor chat history outside the lesson - basically everything that happened on the site for us to review at any time. Also, admin account should show weekly tutor earnings per subject (earnings from Monday 12 a.m. to Sunday 11:59 p.m.), because we will be sending them weekly PayPal payments manually every Tuesday. We should see Name of tutor, Subject taught, total earned in that subject.
Tutor profiles will have REVIEWS/RATINGS. Reviews come as comments left anonymously (without student name). Ratings are star-based. The average star rating should be displayed in each tutor profile. Rating/comments/reviews can be left by student right after the lesson ends.
Reviews / Chat box (whiteboard and outside the lesson):
NO PROFANITY ALLOWED (we will have to decide which words are not to be delivered/posted in chat boxes (inside and outside lesson), and reviews/comments.
Example sites that are 99% close:
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
Whiteboard display may be changed to
Graph paper (sizes)
Music staff paper (optional)
In general, whiteboard contains
Tabs (for multiple whiteboard use in one session, good for lots of questions/problems)
Mass eraser (to erase everything at once on the given whiteboard tab)
Shape select (to alter chosen geometric shape)
Document attachment in the chat box (also should be in chat box outside the lesson)
Document attachment onto whiteboard feature (like graph paper it will be inside whiteboard, whatever is uploaded)
End Lesson - tutors or students can use
Void lesson - only tutor can use (ends the lesson without charging student anything)
Pause lesson - only tutor can use (only once, 15 minutes max) - during pause any video or audio used (if used) should be frozen, only chat and whiteboard available to use. Pause stops the lesson timer (except 15 minutes are counted to make sure the pause is not going forever).
Timer should display current time during the lesson (during pause the lesson time freezes of course).
After 15 minutes, Pause is automatically UNPAUSED into lesson time again an student gets minutes deducted as before.
MINIMUM 5-minute policy: student will get charged at least 5 minutes even if they end the lesson less than 5 minutes after starting. Example: the student ends the lesson 3 minutes after the lesson begins - tutor gets paid for 5 minutes and student gets 5 minutes deducted from their account. In other words, timer should display 5 minutes even before actual 5 minutes are reached - after 5 minutes are reached, the timer will add time normally.
Only 1 whiteboard session is allowed per student/tutor - in other words, tutors cannot work with several students at the same time. Tutors who are working are marked BUSY on their profile or chat box - same for students. Students CANNOT schedule a tutor for a lesson who is busy (on-demand or future lessons).
If there is disconnection (due to poor internet connection), timer should not charge the student. If the student does not show up to the whiteboard after being disconnected for at least 15 minutes, the lesson automatically ends (so tutor does not wait forever).
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL] (a VERY GOOD one that I like)
Additional details may be discussed.
Example MILESTONE list below (proposed by another company that happened to be busy with unfinished loads of work) with budget and PDF.
NOTE: No third-party services for whiteboard, or audio/video recording and storage will be used by us.
We do NOT want third-party servers or services that charge monthly or per usage for whiteboard use. Also, we do NOT want to use third-party services for audio or video or screen recording/snapshots hosting and/or storage.
Everything (audio, video, screen snapshots or recordings) should be hosted and recorded on one server - our website server. We will be using AWS (Amazon Web Services) to host our website.
Please keep that in mind.