We have a site built on X-Cart at http://valcomp.com. Through this site we sell laser printers, impact printers, toner cartridges, service contracts, etc.
We are looking for a competent and trustworthy partner to help us complete a project on this webstore.
The X-Cart license is at version 4.6.0. I would first like to have your opinion as to whether or not we should upgrade to 4.7.x. This is a lower-priority question.
At present all items (SKUs) carry three prices, according to three customer-levels. This will not change. See attached images.
At present, all sale prices are calculated to be 102%, 104% or 106% of the cost price. This pricing model is correct for some SKUs, but not for others. Again, see the attached screenshots.
We want to be able to manually override the automatic price calculations. If manually updated prices are present, they will override the automatically generated prices.
So, we are really looking to
- add three pricing fields to the database for each SKU, to match the three customer-types
- be able to type these numbers into the description for an interface in X-Cart in which we can type values into these fields, and
- importantly, be able to export/import a CSV file to manage/update the manual (non-automatic) prices conveniently.
This will be a first task. I estimate five hours for the work, but of course your opinion matters as well. If this first project goes well, we have other work that also needs to be done in November and early December.
May I ask you to please:
- Confirm that you are interested in this work
- Confirm that you have the necessary skills and experience, with X-Cart in particular
Are you separately able to provide references for X-Cart work you have done independently?
Thank you for your consideration.