A running PHP eBusiness Website must be modified and enhanced. The Website programming is based on PHP, Symfony, Propel and MySQL. Please only apply for this project if you have knowledge and experience in these technologies.
We have a running eBusiness Website for the exchange of transportation delivery status messages. It imports EDIFACT order messages and plain text transportation status messages, maps these two messages, creates a new EDIFACT Status message and exports it to a file. This process is automated, but the user can control it on his web interface by mapping two messages manually, add data as e.g. freight weight, mark as "ready for export" etc.
The web application has a severe performance handicap which must be corrected, there are also new functions we need.
Work to be done:
1. The import routine imports the whole EDIFACT orders to the MySQL database, but only 1% of the data is needed. The routine must be adjusted the way, that only the needed fields are imported.
2. Import and Export is much too slow. We expect a big performance enhancement by solving 1. But database performance must also be analysed, database indices verified and corrected if necessary. Any other performance enhancement input is appreciated.
3. Clean up of the database. The user must be able to delete old orders and plain text status messages via the web frontend. He can input a delivery date, all messages with older delivery date are then deleted from the database.
4. The user can complete 13 status information via the web frontend. The input must be validated (e.g. text field, number field), one field must provide a drop down box. The values of the drop down box should be defined in the database. Some fields have dependencies (e.g. if field A is filled, then field B must also be filled).
5. Successfully exported messages are not displayed anymore on the web frontend, but remain still in the database. The user must be able to reactivate a plain text status message, correct the mapping with the EDIFACT orders and re-export it.
6. Minor bug fixes and performance enhancements.
I prefer to have an incremental development process, starting at point 1 going to point 6 with deliverables at least after point 3. This project needs good communication, as you have to understand a running (and complex) system.
Please read our project details CAREFULLY before you bother to bid. If you think there is something important missing, please let me know. I&#8217;m going to provide more detailed information at project start. Only serious and experienced coders are welcome. We need to get the project accomplished within 14 days.