We need to develop a website that allows users to purchase alcohol, provide us their address, and have it delivered to them within 60 mins. We do not actually hold alcohol in stock; we physically purchase it from a licensed shop once a customer orders. (We physically show up and buy it for the customer after receiving the order email notification). .
We’d like to develop a website that has the following general features:
- Purchase alcohol and arrange for delivery: Even we don't sell alcohol directly (we simply offer delivery of alcohol purchased from legal outlets), we would like the order experience to make the user complete a single transaction through our site. This means we show the alcohol on our site, with a price that includes a percentage markup, take payment and email / text the customer letting them know we are on our way. this means the alcohol from nearby stores will need to be displayed on our storefront.
Now that Two APIs for each of the main alcohol outlets in our area exist. We would need these to be integrated in the site, so that alcohol in stock at the different stores appears as purchasable on our website. Along with images, ratings, descriptions, etc., of each product. This image and rating/ description info is available through the provided APIs.
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
- Location: The site should allow the user to enter their zip code, and then be shown only the alcohol available at the stores within a certain radius of their location. (This way our delivery staff can be responsible for a specific area, and can be sure that any orders from that area can be fulfilled from the stock held by the stores in that area). the site should also be able to tell the user if their zip code is outside of our service area. This info on what alcohol is in stock at which store can be pulled through the API.
- Recurring ordering: We need users to be able to place an order for alcohol to be delivered daily, weekly, or monthly, and have their credit cards charged on a rolling basis.
- Responsive design: The site should adapt well to different devices. We are particularly interested in ensuring that the mobile site adhere to Progressive Web App (PWA) principles as much as possible. This is important as we are not developing a mobile app right away.
- Referral function: Give users the ability to send a text message or email to their friend through the site. in exchange for a discount or some incentive if/ when their friend signs up using their referral code.
- Affiliate function: Give affiliate candidates the ability to submit contact form/ affiliate application. Also give affiliates the ability to view their traffic, signups, and payout details. Could be accomplished using existing affiliate plugins.
- Account function: Provide the ability for users to have an account where their credit cards, order history and info is stored. Preferably done through social sign on (google,/ facebook)
- Live Chat function: Could be easily implemented using available plugins/ service? (Such as Drift, et al.)
- Press, media, and communication assets page with links to our media mentions, as well as guidelines for how to use our logo, and downloadable PNG/ SVG of our logo
We are used to Wordpress.
Note: We DO NOT need to verify age in the website.
Additionally, the orders are not "pushed" to the vendor electronically. Once the "sale" takes place, we go make the purchase in person from the authorized outlet, and physical show up and make the delivery. The laws where we live put the onus on us to verify ID and confirm that the recipient is not intoxicated before handing over the merchandise.
Here is the website of a competitor offering a similar service: So you can see what I am thinking of: [login to view URL] as well as [login to view URL]