I would like to replace my Wix [url removed, login to view] site with one built in WordPress. The project was awarded to a Freelancer and he has started it but has not been online for a week and I have not heard from him.
The new [url removed, login to view] is to be a copy of the manufacturer's site which I also own. The manufacturer's site is HearthCo.com. What I asked the Freelancer to do was:
1. make a copy of the [url removed, login to view] site to be used as the starting point since all the products and product pages will be the same.
2. Eliminate the sections referring to Wood Products and Builder series. The [url removed, login to view] site is direct sales, no builders and does not carry the wood product line.
3. Host the site at [url removed, login to view] where both site are currently hosted. I have two unused domains that could be used or we could use [url removed, login to view] or whatever.
4. The Freelancer built the site as [url removed, login to view] I am concerned he doe not understand they are completely different sites and ownership, although he may plan on making a copy later and cleaning all this up. I am not sure because he does not communicate.
5. Communication is very important. I need to know the Freelancer understands exactly what I need done.
6. The site needs to be moved off of the [url removed, login to view] site, pages linked to the new locations, pricing added and shipping added.
7. The pricing model needs to work as follows; Each product has a base price. There are vaious upgrades available, each is based on a percentage. So base price, optional material upgrade is +60%, Custom color +3%,Custom finish +15% for each product. So 3 different selections, each with a default to be base price with other options that add the upgrade.
8. Shipping module must allow zones I can define, at least 9 zones with a flat rate plus % of the total value of the order. This is computed after a zip code is entered at check out.
9. Sales tax for the California zone must be a percentage I can edit.
10. To see exactly how it should work (although the existing site does not have the upgrades as a percentage) see www.oldandnewstore.com.
11. To see what the manufacturer site you would be starting with looks like see www.hearthco.com.
12 . To see how far along the existing Freelancer is visit [url removed, login to view] Not shown is the fact that all products have been added into eCommerce using wooCommerce plugin.
I would like to know your estimate of the number of hours it would take you to build the site so I can replace the Wix site with a working eCommerce site with all pricing and options complete.
If you need more information please contact me.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $6/hour for this job
Apart from what you outlined, I would like to offer some addons for the same cost which are equally important for the website and backend, message me when you get a chance. - Codinglogics
Hey! Hope so you are fine. I have got experties in this and i wanna do this task as i have done this kind of work previously . I’ll definitely don’t put you backward in this regard. Have a good day! Thanks.