I need an extension for Opencart 1.5.6 @ Journal theme to periodically connect with the database (generated by the software from a physical store) stored on the FTP server and update products. Extension should match products between database on the unique model and sync other fields accordingly.
Database is stored in .txt files, similar structure like csv (value1 | value2 | value3 | ...). Extension should log errors and anomalies, so I always have a transparent view if there is an issue.
Here is the list of fields that need to be synced:
- product name
- price (prices in the database already include VAT, so extensions has to automatically recalculate the neto price)
- product setting (this is a custom field, see below)
You should implement 4 selectable sync settings for products. Each product would therefore have a drop-down menu under "Catalog -> Products" and also in the "Product update page". Sorting/filter by this setting should also be implemented in the "Catalog -> Products" page. Assigning product to a specific setting would affect it like this:
- 1st: Normal sync as explained above.
- 2nd: Same as for the 1st group but without stock sync. Instead, sync field should be full customizable. Also if stock=0, "Ask a a question" form is forced instead of "add to cart" button, so buying is disallowed. I already have "Ask for Price + Ask a Question bundle" extension for that part, but it also hides the price at the same time. I need the price to be visible with this 2nd setting though, so you only need to modify the original extension functionality.
- 3rd: Sync turned off. Complete manual override, so in other words normal Opencart functionality with manual editing.
- 4th: Identical to built-in "enabled" & "disabled" options for the product, you can actually just make a link to switch between enabled/disabled state.
SECOND PART OF THE PROJECT: Product grouping. Please have a look at this website for a sample: [url removed, login to view]
So there are actually 8 separated products (dumbbells), each with different price, QTY, model etc. and they are grouped into one "container" or a "group" view. To achieve something similar in OC, one would have to create a main product and then add 8 options with custom prices etc. However, those options are still just options, so very limited and also always affected by the main product by its settings, price, discounts etc. It is also unintuitive to use options since they are not visible in "Catalog -> Products page".
There is no such thing like product options/parents/childs in the FTP DB. Each entry is a complete, unique, standalone product and comes with all the fields listed above. So in this case, there would be 8 standalone products. It's impossible to use the default Opencart's product options in this case as the parent product simply doesn't exist, so I would have to create a fictional product and make up price, SKU, model and all the remaining required information for it.
To sum it up, I would like you to create (or suggest) a similar system like in the sample website. Please notice that I would like to have each and every product also listed in the admin under Catalog -> Products. I would also like that products are grouped automatically based on the extra field which you will find in the FTP database. The idea is that each product (entry) in the database also has an extra field. Products that will have the same content in this field will be grouped together. E.g. if there will be 8 products with code XYZ123, they will get grouped together and look just like on the link posted above.
Regarding the category view, it should work like here [url removed, login to view] , so the price is hidden in case products have multiple options (multiple prices).
VQmod is preferred.
43 freelancers are bidding on average €582 for this job
ready to make extension Relevant Skills and Experience General [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] PrestaShop [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] Wordpress [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] Car Site http://www More