I'm looking for someone familiar with OsTicket who can modify the system to suit my needs for my organization:
we are using osTicket [url removed, login to view] hosted on bluehost (linux-based).
Our current setup for arranging users/organizations:
currently users have a 1:1 relationship with organizations. We want a modification so a user can belong to multiple organizations. The reason for this is we have our structure as follows:
One organization is defined as:
"CLIENT ORG / LOCATION / MANAGER / SUBMANAGER". So a sample organization is named (literally):
BobHope is the submanager, SmithD is his boss, Mumbai is the location of their office.
Each other user is a person or ship name (we use it to track software products on ships). Each person or ship is associated currently to an organization.
So if BobHope has 5 ships, called Ship A, B, C and D, Ship A, Ship B, C and D belong to the organization "COMPANY XYZ/MUMBAI/SmithD/BobHope"
By default, BobHope gets emails from a ticket assigned to any of his Ships.
Other organizations can be called
SmithD is the boss for BobHope, JohnDoe and JaneDoe.
JaneDoe and JohnDoe also have their own ships, which is assigned to the organizations above.
In some instances, Ships from JohnDoe are also managed by JaneDoe or BobHope.
What we want:
1) We want SmithD to be emailed whenever a ticket is opened for any of JohnDoe, JaneDoe or BobHope's organizations (ie, SmithD should belong to multiple organizations -
then, of course, in the organization section, I can specify SmithD to be emailed whenever a ticket for that particular organization is opened and he will be automatically added as a collaborator.
2) We want a particular user (not agent) to have multiple email ID's (at least 2, 3 would be nice, but not required). Any ticket communication associated with them should go to these multiple emails. The reason for this is some ships have 2-3 email ID's, 1 used by the captain, 1 used by the chief engineer, 1 used by general ship, etc. Right now we have to set up multiple user accounts for one ship with different email ID's. If we have multiple emails for one user, we dont have to set up multiple user accounts.
1) We want users to belong to multiple organizations
2) we want to define a particular custom list of email recipients (may or may not belong to any organizations as defined above) that will automatically be added to tickets based on the user against whose ticket will be opened).
3) Multiple email ID's (at least 2) per user to which responses are sent. Replies from any of these emails will add to any one ticket associated to that user.
That what we need. Please advise if this is possible, timeframe, cost. You will have full access to our server hosting account.