I need a small project for one of my works with the following requirements:
1) [url removed, login to view]
Basic is [url removed, login to view], if called show all entries from textfile
[url removed, login to view] Message -> Write "New Message" (without "") into a textfile with a timestamp to it.
[url removed, login to view] -> Shows all entries within the textfile, with more recent timestamps than the one given (e.g. 2010 01 01 12:15)
[url removed, login to view] -> empties the text file.
1) Use unix timestamps instead of what I wrote, just couldn't remember what they looked like.
2) To reduce stress to the server, reverse the textfile. New entries come first, so in case you need entries up to timestamp x you can just read lines until you reached that point. Thats what I would do in [url removed, login to view], dunno if that works on php too, but if so, please do.
3) New messages will be 1 line only, so it's save to use linebreak in textfile to seperate them.
4) textfile should have a structure simmilar to this:
timestamp - User X Login
timestamp - Joined Teams
The basic idea is, that I call the url from within a net programm to post small server messages on a message board, where other programms can read it. Simple way to communicate.
Money will be payed throught [url removed, login to view], once I recieved and confirmed a working code. Fast delivery is not unwelcome this time.