We have the Cerberus helpdesk version 2.7.0 which has some existing customisations. [url removed, login to view]
Cerberus is a fault logging service (helpdesk) which allows tickets to be categorised by status, owner, priority and queue.
We need an additional categorisation to be added to our installation, which will allow tickets to be categorised by the technology area that they relate to.
- New database table called "Capability". Maintenance of the capabilities via a database table will be sufficient, it doesn't need to be integrated into the GUI.
- Integration of this table into the tickets so the capability can be updated.
- Integration of this into the audit log so we know who changed it and when.
- Integration of this into the "Ticket View" system to allow tickets to be filtered by Capability and sorted by Capability in a ticket view.
- Integration of this into the Search features so tickets can be searched by Capability.
The end game of this from a user perspective is that a ticket gets assigned a Capability by a processor. From then, the processors can setup a filtered view which shows them all tickets relevant to their Capability from all Queues.
We have an existing development site which you can use to do your developments and create a diff against the codeset so it can be applied to our production site, and a SQL script to extend the database schema and populate the master data.