Script needs to be super simple but secure against basic mysql injection and brute force password hackers. Don't worry No encryption needed.
=====Store data in mysql=====
Database details (password, domain, etc…) will be different depending on where the script is installed so maybe make a [url removed, login to view] file where I can plug in the details for the database, also please make installer for mysql OR if it's easier AND Cheaper provide a README file on how to create the database tables and their names & details in phpmyadmin
=====No multiple member accounts, only admin account=====
Only one account is needed, the admin account with a simple control panel for it.
=====No multiple categories for posts=====
No categories are needed, and posts should NOT be assigned any categories
=====No images or smilies or BBCode=====
It's ok to allow html in posts as well. But posts might need to be wrapped in <pre></pre> or something similar so that admin can get a more WYSIWYG edit and not have to use <br /> and &amp; all the time for indents and line breaks.
=====No CSS styling please, only if nessessary=====
I will apply css styling myself later to the admin CP and posts, just give me something simple
=====No pages for news, only display last __ posts=====
Script displays last #__ posts. This number should be able to be changed in the [url removed, login to view] file
I don't wants guests to be able to post comments or admin worrying about checking comments, just leave comments out of script.
=====No registration =====
Only 1 admin account please.
=====Please comment your code=====
Xhtml divs etc… only, no tables please
=====News script should be viewed externally=====
The news/posts should be able to be included in the body of other web pages
=====The Visitor's End=====
<div><span>Title of post</span>, <span>date of post</span></div>
=====What the visitor should see=====
(Title of Post) BlaBla! | (date of post) MO/DY/YEAR
(Post) bla bla bla bla bla bla bla……...
- A Login link to the admin Control panel should NOT appear anywhere
- The username for the login will always be Admin, and the password should be customizable in the [url removed, login to view] file or whatever file is best suited. If the password is left blank in the [url removed, login to view] file the script should Skip the Login Page and go RIGHT to the admin control panel. (this means Admin will be using .htacess as login)
- The script should check the password input textbox for any html code and strip it so that hackers cannot use injection hacking technique. Password textbox should accept only numbers and letters, no other characters.
- If user tries to login with wrong password more than 3 times in a row, script should DISABLE login AND e-mail the admin (a link in the email should re-enable the login and contain the IP address of the guest who tried to login)
=====What Admin should see=====
Create new post section
Edit previous posts section
=====The Admin's End=====
- Admin does NOT need a section to edit their profile or change password or email address, leave that out
=====No branding please=====
This script will be altered by me as I install it and customize it according to different clients I have. However please put yourself in the admin page at the bottom, you never know it might get you more work later on.
If you already have a php news script, and it's cheaper to just keep all the features in rather than taking them out, contact me. Maybe you can delete the ones that can be deleted and disable the rest or work out a deal.
The reason I want extra features out is because I want a simple secure news script that I can change and alter as I install it on different servers of my clients. I'm a web designer that does mostly xhtml and css only and am not comfortable with doing my own php/mysql, so when clients ask for a simple news script I always have to edit "CuteNews" or "N-13 News" or "WordPress" and it's annoying and a lot more complex than it needs to be, and usually has advertising .
The person who gets the job for this will also be the one I'll be contacting later when I request more features, so comment your code so that I can understand it and style it will CSS and customize it but also so that later YOU can go back and add specific features later when I pay you to put in something in.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $41 for this job
We are suitable for this project as we have already done same type of project...we can give you the exact solutions you are asking...Please check your PMB for more details..... Thanks