About Exotic Estates:
Exotic Estates is a rapidly expanding vacation rental company specializing in the luxury segment. We strive for quality over quantity and have villas in the world’s leading vacation destinations, including Hawaii, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Colorado.
The Exotic Estates team is a group of seasoned and dedicated professionals, with backgrounds in travel and tourism, and information technology. We leverage the latest tools to successfully market our collection of vacation homes to owners seeking representation and travelers looking for quality homes.
The company has developed a cutting-edge calendar and listing management system, which offers benefits to owners and partner companies. The proprietary system is highly intuitive and is constantly evolving to improve user experience and operational efficiencies.
We are looking for a driven PHP web developer to join our team. This is a contract position and requires an English-speaking candidate. Exotic Estates provides a great environment for you to explore new technologies and develop tools, web services and work on system integrations. We embrace modern coding concepts and our website team is open to new ideas and approaches to create a rich developer work experience.
We are looking for a candidate that is self-motivated and who is interested in joining our growing team. This person must take pride in the quality of their craftsmanship, and be a team player with a great attitude and a genuine passion for coding!
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field OR undergraduate candidate with work experience equivalent
• Minimum 3-years experience designing and developing high-performance websites
• Minimum 3-years experience writing custom, optimized PHP classes and functions
• Minimum 1-year experience using Yii 1.0 framework.
• Minimum 1-year experience writing, utilizing and optimizing SQL/MySQL queries
• Proficiency with Linux, Apache, MySQL, Mongo DB, and PHP
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Experience with Git preferred
• Must collaborate with other developers
• Must have a passion for design and excellent coding practices
• Must be able to communicate easily and effectively in English
• Must have excellent general communication and presentation skills
• Position is contract, compensation commensurate with skill level.