We are a web development and consultancy company that are looking to utilise PHPProLance for a project we are currently bidding on but we are looking at the possibility of outsourcing for the redevelopment of the PHPProLance side of the site.
Basically the whole site will consist of 3 sections, a Flash front end, a PHPProLance area and a forum. We will be taking care of the Flash and forum side and so here you are being asked to bid ONLY for the PHPProLance work. We will be purchasing the license along with the branding free option.
This is the requirement:
1) The main area of the site will be a database driven portal that will allow "customers" to list the jobs they require quotations for. The "customers" registration will be free of charge. Customers will be able to give the job any validity timescales they require.
2) The other site users will be the "service providers" who will be able to see any bid on jobs posted by "customers" once they have registered for the site. "Service provider" registration will be chargable and can be based on a monthly or annual fee. No further "percentage of job" fees will be chargable which should make the site more self contained with minimal input required from the administrators. Service providers will be able to select their categories of interest when signing up and will receive emails of all new jobs posted for their categories. (Ideally we would like to tie this to a geographical location - maybe the county that has been specified by the customer. We would also like the service providers to be able to choose whether they receive local notifications only, or all areas). We want to be able to accept service provider payments by Paypal and delay full registration to the site until the payment is confirmed either automatically with Paypal IPN, or manually if necessary.
3) After the "customer" has selected which "service provider" they would like to proceed with, they will both receive the other party's details, allowing them to make contact themselves.
4) When the job has been completed the "customer" will be able to rate the "service provider" and so it is in the providers best interests to do a good job and build up a strong reputation within the site.
5) We want an "Urgent Jobs" section and would like to add further section to the front page for "Jobs Ending Soon".
To all the boxes on the opening page we would like to add another column "County" to show the geographical location.
6) We would ideally like the membership of the site to be bridged to the forum so that members don't have to sign up twice. The forum we hope to use is PHPBB but we will use another if it will simplify the task.
7) We don't know much about the PHPProLance system but we want some sort of security to control the communication between all users. We assume this functionailty is already build into the core.
8) We don't require any graphic or design work at this stage as we will be modifying this eventually to fit in the the rest of the site design, but we will want some simple formatting included such as a fixed width site rather than 100% width. And appropriate space left for our headers. It would also be nice if the "recent project" boxes etc on the front page were reduced in width to be a side feature rather than take up the entire page.
The requirement may alter slightly as we will be having further discussions with the customer, but we are initially looking for a budget proposal and will be happy to re-negotiate later if we require any more work to be undertaken.