In the next phase of the plugin project, I want to add OAuth login for the purpose of connecting to the Quickbooks API. This includes:
(1) Provide a way for OAuth users to add their own Quickbooks API "keys" prior to logging in.
(2) Build a simple OAuth login form that integrates data in the Customer table with the Quickbooks Customer information.
(3) Split the Name field in the current Customer database into two fields: First Name and Last Name
(4) Add a field to track which Quickbooks database the data comes from.
(5) When Customer data is entered by a user on our website, the user can also indicate which Quickbooks database the data gets inserted into.
(6) When Customer data is entered into Quickbooks, that data gets updated in our website's database the next time that data gets synched.
(7) When synching data to the Quickbooks API, the updated Customer data from Quickbooks gets stored and/or updated in our Customer table.
(8) The synch function is implemented only as a manual process, not an automatic or scheduled process. You provide a button on the Customer data page for the user to push in order to synchronize the data between our database and the Quickbooks database on demand.
(9) It's important that we use the same record ID system that Quickbooks uses so that we can always update the data at either end (Quickbooks or our website) and have the update reflected the next time we manually synch the records.