My international shipping business is a difficult one. Cargo being shipped from one country to another often involves the cooperation of many vendors to safely transport from one country to another.
My ultimate goal is to create a platform that allows anyone with zero shipping experience to identify the vendors necessary required to transport cargo from any origin to any destination.
However, I'm going to separate my goal into a few sections.
For now, I only want to build a small portion of my total project. Section one of four.
What I need ...
- The front end interface will be an overhead map (*Such as that used at -- > [login to view URL]) which would allow a user to enter an origin address and a destination address for their cargo.
- Once an address is entered, a database search will search through all vendors on record for those that are suitable to handle the transportation of the user's cargo. ***Whether a vendor is suitable or not is determined by where they operate and their capabilities, which I'll explain in more detail later in this description.
- Once suitable vendors are found, the theoretical path that the cargo will follow during transport should be plotted on the overhead map ... Just like in Google Maps.
- After the path of transport is plotted, suitable vendors should be displayed. *Import and export of cargo can involve more than just shipping companies. Other vendors such as brokers, packagers, and others may also be required, which I'll explain in more detail just below.
End of project description.
As promised, here are my "detailed" explanations as to how the web app's logic should work ...
Vendors must be organized based on the following criteria, think of these as "if then else statements" when calculating "suitable" vendors:
- Services provided ( Shipping / Customs Clearance )
- Areas served ( Cities / States / Countries )
- Vendor Address(es) ?
- Can vendor pick up cargo ? ( If yes, which Cities / States / Countries can they pick up from ? )
- Can vendor deliver cargo ? ( If yes, which Cities / States / Countries can they deliver to ? )
- If vendor can pick up or deliver cargo, can they perform Customs Clearance ?
*Programmatically, the web app that you build should be able to search through all vendors saved in the database and choose those vendors with the necessary expertise needed to complete the transport of the cargo. The international shipping process functions identically to a "relay race". Each vendor has a role to perform.
Here is a theoretical example of the steps followed during an international shipment -- > If a 300-pound wooden crate were to be shipped from Albany, New York to London, England via airplane, the cargo would pass through a few vendors as follows ... Tractor Trailer transport from Albany, NY to New York, NY ... Then the cargo would travel by Airplane from New York, NY to London England ... Then the cargo must be passed along to a broker in London that can complete the customs clearance process so that the cargo can legally "enter" England ... Then another Tractor Trailer transport from London to the final destination.
37 freelancers are bidding on average $529 for this job
Thank you for your posting. I have more than 5 years experience of web development. I will show you a good result. Please Hire Me. My results are following: [login to view URL] [login to view URL]
Hello I understand what do you want. I have one question. How to insert and manage of each shipping company information? Can you give me more clean of it? Other parts is easy for me and I can process it. Thanks