Ruby on Rails powers our client facing site and is central to our business success. We are looking for a senior Ruby o Rail developer with at least 5 years’ experience to join us o to join us on a long term contract to manage and drive our system forward, developing in line with new customer and internal requirements.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
• Integrate user-facing elements developed for the front-end with server-side logic.
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise elegant solutions.
• Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionality, ensuring continued scalability and integrity of the product.
• Maintain code quality.
• Focus on continued resilience of the product.
• Contribute to the risk management and disaster recovery solutions.
• Speedy resolutions of issues and delivery of good customer service.
• 5+ years of web development experience ideally with large applications of some scale.
• Experience developing a web framework—with Ruby on Rails a plus.
• Experience in working across the software stack (Ruby on Rails, Apache, Postgress, Ubuntu target servers).
• Solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
• Be excited about deploying to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with our team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
• Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
• Be comfortable with Agile methodology: Agile workflows, code versioning, code reviews, and continuous delivery.
• Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
• Be open to receiving feedback.
• You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at our company.