In Progress

Simple calculator

I run a vbulletin powered forum community for wounded and injured US Servicemembers being medically discharged ([url removed, login to view] ). In calculating the disability rating , the military uses a "whole person" concept. If there are two or more ratings, you subtract the highest rating from the whole person (100%) and then apply the second rating to the remaining percentage. So, for example, 30% and 20% is not 50%, it is 40% (100%-30% leaves 70%. You then take the 20% of 70% and you end up with 14%. 30% plus 14%= 44%. You then round down.

The job is this: I want to place a calculator on the site. I am not sure what is the best programming language to do it in (and I am posting here because I am NOT coding savvy). I would like this to be insertable into a module on vbulletin using a vbadvanced CMPS module. They use HTML, php, BB Code, AJAX (if any or all of these are appropriate.) I have an excel spreadsheet that executes most of what I want the calculator to do that I have uploaded. If you are interested in the job, I will e-mail you the spreadsheet. The only difference from my spreadsheet is that I would like is that the user can put their percentages in any order and the program will reorder them largest to smallest. I would also like the final product to be rounded to nearest 10%. There are additional rules for bilateral conditions (captured in the spreadsheet, but in a nutshell, for bilateral conditions, you add (not combine like the previous calcluations, an additional 10% to the two bilateral conditions, e.g., two knee conditions rated at 30% and 10% would yield at the first step, 37%, then add 3.7% at the second step for 40.7%, which rounds up to 41%.) So, a check mark for bilateral conditions might be easier than having two separate entry areas. Calculator should include "PEB Forum Benefits Calculator" in a header, possibly with a link to my the location of the calculator.

This should be a pretty easy job. In addition to or instead of cash payment I will also consider a thread with a thank you for your great work and a link to your site.

Thanks in advance and let me know any questions!

Skills: PHP

See more: simple calculator, pebforum, calculator php, powered vbulletin calculator, knee bilateral calculator, example php simple calculator, parts simple calculator, php calculator, programming language best, vbulletin programming, vbulletin coding, thread up, simple programming language, simple php forum code, module calculator, mark job, job ratings, html spreadsheet example, html spreadsheet code, highest rating, code programming language, first programming language, excel add programming, easy programming language, community conditions

About the Employer:
( 1 review ) Sunderland, United States

Project ID: #198397

Awarded to:

techonsolutions

Please check PM.

$30 USD in 1 day
(3 Reviews)
2.8

4 freelancers are bidding on average $70 for this job

sritechnocrat

Chan be done.

$100 USD in 5 days
(43 Reviews)
6.8
DeltaVision

please check pmb

$100 USD in 5 days
(0 Reviews)
0.0
phoenix9

Please check your PM!

$50 USD in 3 days
(0 Reviews)
0.0