I wrote some SQL-scripts in PHP years ago which pulls products from Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 and inserts them into the Magento 1.9 database using ODBC-driver.
It's a one-way sync which kinda works.
Basically what we want now is a script:
- that will create the product if it doesn't exist in Magento
- it should be imported as a Grouped Product if there is multiple products with same name in a certain MS Dynamics field.
- if the product already exist in Magento the fields should be updated
(description, stock, price, etc)
- some lines in a Dynamics-table should be merged into the Description-field of the product in Magento
- The enabled/disabled state of the products should be updated
- probably also some other info that should be updated
Alternatively it might be better to use Magento's API?
I'm open for suggestions and comments.
ERP: MS Dynamics NAV 5.0
eCommerce: Magento CE 1.9
Back in 2010 I made some SQL/PHP-scripts which sync products one-way from Dynamics NAV to Magento. They kinda work but the implementation needs to be rewritten to increase stability and purpose.
The new sync should be able to:
1: Create product in Magento if a field in NAV is checked
2: Disable existing product in Magnento if same field is unchecked
3: Create grouped product in Magento if a field of 2+ products in NAV have the same name
4: Update Description in Magento by joining multiple rows from a NAV table. (NAV 5.0 has limit of 50 characters pr row)
5: Sync stock and price from NAV about every 30 minutes.
6: Mark product in Magento as "NEW" if a field in NAV is checked.
7: Mark produkt in Magento as "In Stock" if stock in NAV >= sold_by_count
... Probably also a few more cases will emerge as we test the sync.
The sync may be constructed using SQL, API or a mix. I'm open for all comments and suggestions :-)