Hi, I am looking for some help in creating a system to be able to track offline sales based on a coupon that is offered to customers who get to my website through a Google Adwords click. My ecommerce website currently uses Magento but this project is all about tracking offline sales (i.e. in our retail physical store), not online sales.
1. Customer clicks on Adwords ad and comes to my website
2. Customer comes into store and purchase goods
Result = I have no way of knowing which ad was more successful
Project Scenario (This is what I want)
1. Customer clicks on Adwords ad and comes to my website. The website captures the gclid.
2. A mobile optimised popup appears offering the customer $X off in they bring the coupon into the store, an email field is included so they can email the coupon themselves or just show their phone. The coupon includes the GCLID.
3. The coupon is used in-store and we manually record the GCLID and conversion value
Result = I can then go and upload the file into Adwords and import the conversion data.
Issues to consider:
1. The GCLID can be very long (i.e. many characters), it would not be viable to type that all in when the customer is in-store. Is there a way we can shorted the GCLID or generate a different unique code which links to the GCLID?
2. The popup offering the coupon should only show up to customers who have come in from an adwords click.
3. Different coupons should trigger depending on which page the customer lands on.
Please only bid on this project if you are very familiar with adwords conversions and related skills.
I will not be selecting you unless you have specifically addressed the project in your proposal.