I have a website that has been working well for years. Suddenly, today, when a user tries to upload a file, they are booted out of the session and the upload is not written to the database (php5.6). The attachment appears in the upload directory, but the rest of it seems to fail. Need someone to take a look and see what it is.
Only experienced Freelancers will be considered. Must be able to work immediately.
Tests I have run already:
1. The PHP script is separate from Wordpress, but WP is in the directory above it. So, I renamed the WP plugins folder to test the idea that WP plugins like Wordfence might be interfering.
2. I turned off ModSec for the account. Does not seem to be an issue.
3. Checked the permissions on upload file, does not seem to be the issue, and the upload does show up.
4. Switched PHP version, and deleted .htaccess file, does not seem to change the result.
5. Ran repair on MYSQL, came back all clear. Issue persists.
So far, I can't seem to find the issue.