For Better understanding, please view the doc attached.
The website will basically Upload & Stream all files. Users can stream uploaded files in the site or use an API to stream it in another site. Similar to the youtube video embed.
We display the entire uploaded file’s output in Flash and this should not be downloadable
For Registered Users:
• User Registration
• Login / Forgot password
• Choose the File Type – doc / pdf / excel / ppt / .mp3 / .avi / .wmv .swf
• Choose the mode under which the file needs to be uploaded – public, private & protected – Protected simply means the user gives a password and any end user who wishes to see the file needs to give the right password
• If public upload – choose from a list of categories under which the file needs to be saved
• For public or private upload – display a checkbox with label ‘Get API’. Checking this option displays an API through which the user will be able to view the file from another website
• A text box for displaying short tags of the uploaded file
• View list of files uploaded under respective mode and view respective views & ratings the file has got.
• View APIs for Private & Public mode files
• Every file uploaded (except .mp3) gets viewed in a Flash window. The size of this window is constant when viewed in the website. But when viewed via API – the size can be changed by the user.
• Registered users can also download the uploaded file by clicking on a button
• Users can login & modify the profile uploaded during registration
• Users can make a file inactive
• Every member needs to have his own page and going to the page displays all his albums (public & protected modes) eg: [url removed, login to view] throws all albums of tony
• Every user can upload a max of 100 MB of files
• Create / Modify Category – that will be displayed in the public
• We have Audio, Video, Documents, Presentation file types – so every section will have its own category. Say Audio section will have categories like Akon, Shakira etc.. and Documents will have categories like maths, science etc..
• View List of Users registered
• View List of uploaded files in various categories and under various modes
• Delete any file uploaded by user
• Sort list of files based on date and inactiveness (no. of views) – option to delete a batch of files
For End Users:
List of public categories get displayed and clicking on that displays the list of uploaded files.
Files sorted by date (default) and can be sorted based on Views
Number of views is captured when the file is opened.
File can be rated on a scale of 5 stars.
Comments can be posted after logging.
Get the embed video of public files.
‘Add this’ toolbar needs to be integrated in this viewing page.
‘Report’ option in the viewing page
API Integration in users website
Integrating the API in a 3rd party site plays the file in Flash in the respective webpage.
It should only be viewable and every view from 3rd party sites should also be counted in the server.
Double clicking the flash component takes him to the page where the file is stored in the website.