I need a module made for a Xoops CMS website.
We use xoops version [url removed, login to view] - most recent.
We are running an online video voting competition. Users upload 1 video and people vote for their favourite.
The module needs to function like video egg for bebo or something similar like myspace. Ideally, someone will have already done one of these and can just send it to us for their fee. Or someone could hack an existing shareware module.
This is primarily for a competition. We want registered users to upload a short video of them dancing. Other registered users can then vote (only once) on their favourite video. Number of Votes are displayed for each video and a block should show the top 5 or top 10 videos.
Main thing for me is ease of use to the user and compatibilty with most video files.
The technical requirements are:
1. users can upload a video from their computer. Most popular video formats like mpeg, mp4 etc... most typical formats will be from a mobile phone's camera.
2. content is authorised by admin
3. We can categorise the system for future use and choose whether or not to use a voting system. So that in future, we can allow general uploading.
4. Uploaded videos can be added to the users profile - if they wish.
5. We can set number of uploads per user per category.
6. Voting system is 1 per user per category.
7. They can embed from another source. e.g. youtube or myspace etc...
Ideally I want it to work jst like video egg with a voting system included.
We have looked a JW Media Player which has a voting system. Couldn't get it to work and in anycase, it is only .flv files.
Also tried webshow - using a part of jw player. again wouldn't work. I could do it myself but just haven't got time to spend on it as I am not experienced enough to do it quickly enough.
Turn around time is vital as this competition runs live in 10 days. We have alot of projects like this to implement in the next 2 - 3 weeks so we're looking for one company or person to use for all of it, once we see how well this project goes.