Our company is seeking a talented Web Application Developer that can design and implement a textbook price comparison tool. We are looking for a collaborative personality who can advise and assist with the development and integration of the tool. Overall, this tool will be able to pull textbook prices from a variety of sites and then calculate the profit margin of buying and selling between those sites. Ultimately, the tool will highlight the most profitable opportunities in textbook arbitrage for the user. The site will be Wordpress based and smooth integration of the tool is necessary. Extra support may be required to ensure the tool functions correctly when hosted on the site. We are open to a knowledgeable discussion regarding the best manner of the tool’s design and implementation. Simply put, we are looking to work in coordination with a developer to create the end product we envision.
- Search and pull prices from selected textbook selling and buying websites by ISBN. Sites include: Amazon, Chegg, Barnes and Noble, Half, ValoreBooks, and a handful of others
- Calculate price arbitrage in buying and selling prices across different sites
- Output will be a table that lists textbook name, seller name, ISBN, lowest buying price, highest selling price, and profit margin. The prices should contain links to the respective websites.
- We will provide a list of 5,000 - 10,000 ISBNs that the tool should be able to compare and display individual prices by textbook and identify the best buying and selling price across sites.
- Textbook prices should pull directly from websites to provide real time or as close to real time pricing data as possible.
- Integrate with WordPress, technical assistance may be required as we implement the tool into the site.
Target completion date within 2 weeks of the project being awarded.