I need help with the following project:
I have several thousands of solved math problems written in Word format. My idea is to display these problems on a website separated by categories (Calculus, Algebra, etc) and subcategories (For calculus we have Derivatives, Integrals, etc..) I need php management script and a database backend for this.
Here's how I need this to be: I use a software called Mathtype to write math formulas, and the word documents I have contain plenty of math formulas.
- I need a tool to allow me to upload the problems to a server and display them in html. This probably involves some way of having a script upload the word file and automatically converting it to html on the server right after being uploaded (It seems that on the fly conversion from word to html is not too efficient, so the best thing would be this other route). Also, I need an excellent quality conversion from word to html.
- I'll have a word file for each problem (the question and the respective answer). The way I need to display the problems is simple: The user will browse the problems and he'll see the questions, and then he can click to see the solution.
- I need a php script to manage those problems. The idea is that I can select which problems are given for free, and which ones are not free. The problems that are not free should give the user the option to pay a fee to get access to the problem, or to pay a fee to get full access to the whole set of problems for 30 days or some other form of paid access (For a model website, see [url removed, login to view])
- When browsing by categories, the user should be able to see the questions on the listing, and also the user should be able to search for problems using a search box
- I need a little backend to keep the registered user on a database, and I need a script to manage that database (basically a simple mailing list script)
- I need well documented classes, for the purposes of extensibility.
Please ask in case you need more details, and bid only if you're committed to finish the project in case your bid is selected.
**** Also, please post a message with a brief outline (a few lines) of how will you approach to this project. Bids without an outline will be disregarded
Hello everyone and thanks for your bids. I have solved the conversion Word-to-html problem myself (I'll do it locally, with a VBA script and using the batch conversion provided by MathPage).
I'll repost the new project under the new conditions briefly. Happy new year!