I would like to contract with a developer who is capable of creating a paid wordpress plug in. There would be 2 phases of development.
1. - create the plug in to meet specifications detailed below
2- assist with creating a "platform" or website for users to buy and download the plug in
"PREVIEW NEWS FEED" Plug in
The goal is for the end user to input a link to an article / post/ etc on the backend, and the plug-in would display a preview picture, Headline, text etc. as a post. The post would populate as a net new post on the wordpress site. The end user would have the ability to add additional commentary to the post in wordpress blog format.
Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ have this useful feature called "Link Preview":
When you paste a URL into a post, Facebook's server automatically grabs the title and description from the linked website and lets you select a thumbnail image from those available on the linked site.
This saves so much time that you would otherwise spend finding, copying, pasting, resizing and uploading an image for your post.
WordPress should also have this feature. I would recommend it work in the following way:
1. When you are in the WordPress editor, you click a special button called "Generate Link Preview".
2. WordPress brings up a new small window, which asks you to enter enter the URL into a text field, then you click OK.
3. WordPress then retrieves the title, description and thumbnail images from the destination site and then displays a draft link preview in the small window.
4. The user can make any final edits to the link preview, i.e. editing or removing the title, description or choose a different thumbnail image. Once the user is done, they click on a a button named "Insert", which pastes a block of HTML into the editor.
you can also find the "previewed post format" on Facebook shared links. I'd like to give this power to a wordpress blogger or admin.
The plug in would need to be developed in a way where we could package and sell a license key on [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], or my personal website.
I would also like to have a simple ecommerce website with tiered pricing models. I would develop the front end of the web site but may need help with creating the downloadable license keys for plug-in use.