Hello and thank you for taking the time to consider my project! Pictures speak louder than words, so please see attached to get an idea of what kind of outcome or product that I am looking for. I've attached to photos of a product that already exists but is spec'd and used for an entirely different purpose than what I would intend the use for. Future potential for mass production.
Product Objective: design and produce a cylindrical suction device (adjustable in size if possible; for example, ability to expand from 4inch diameter to 8inch diameter and vice versa). If non-adjustable, then a 4in device, 5in device, 6in device, 7in device, 8 in the device. The device would be expected to exceed below minimum specs:
* ability to bear high heat upon contact and extraction. For example, say I wanted to extract a 7in circular object with a depth of 5in and an object temperature of approx. 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
* max load capacity.... I'm imagining would need to be at least 50lbs, but if the cost structure is reasonable, maybe up to 150lbs.
* intended for smooth, somewhat porous, dense, flat surfaces.
* not to exceed 10lbs in carrying weight.
* device (horizontal) handle to be temperature resistant. For example, if extracting an object that is at 200 degrees Fareinheit, the end-user would essentially be able to use the device without having to locate a pair of gloves.
This phase would be to design, manufacture and present a minimum viable product that would meet the above specifications that could then be tested amongst focus groups. In this phase, would require approximately (10) devices. If non-adjustable, then (10) 6in cylindrical suction devices.